The University of Colorado is searching for a Customer Service
Specialist (Accounting Technician II). This position serves as the
public face of the organization by welcoming campus guests and
regular clients to the main office. This includes greeting guests
and listening to understand their individual needs in order to
provide a menu of choices that best meets these needs, especially
when handling guest complaints. In addition, the incumbent should
be able to offer suggestions about campus events and local
amenities. This position processes parking payments and handles
The University of Colorado Boulder is committed to building a
culturally diverse community of faculty, staff, and students
dedicated to contributing to an inclusive campus environment. We
are an Equal Opportunity employer, including veterans and
individuals with disabilities.
Who We Are
(PS) is a department within the Auxiliary
Services unit of Finance and Business Strategy (FBS) at the
University of Colorado Boulder. The FBS goal is to provide
innovative customer service and revenue focused solutions to
support our campus and local community clients. Parking Services
ensures our collective success by supporting the University of
Colorado Boulder’s strategic goals, supporting and investing in our
workforce, meeting our fiscal responsibilities as a self-funded
university business and planning for a sustainable future.
What Your Key Responsibilities Will Be
What We Can Offer
- Listen to guest needs in order to provide solutions to satisfy
their concerns. Advise guests of remedies to solve problems with
their accounts or impounded vehicles.
- Develop knowledge of campus parking facilities, department
procedures, and the ability to communicate to a diverse
- Have discussions about standard permit options, the rationale
behind issued parking citations, and general information about
campus or local amenities.
- Process transactions related to: permit purchasing, violation
payments, refund processing, and account reconciliation.
- Correct errors and advise the Customer Service Manager of
- Maintain an organized work space, balance shift drawers, and
- Complete other duties as necessary to support the operational
readiness and productivity of the department, which could include
driving university vehicles.
- Annual Compensation: $39,540.
The University of Colorado offers excellent benefits
, including medical, dental,
retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO Pass. The
University of Colorado Boulder is one of the largest employers in
Boulder County and offers an inspiring higher education
environment. Learn more about the University of Colorado Boulder
Be challenged. Be collaborative. Be Boulder.
What We Require
What You Will Need
- 1+ years of directly related experience. Relevant education may
substitute for experience on a year for year basis.
What We Would Like You To Have
- Two or more years of customer service experience.
- Two years of technical accounting experience.
- Two years of college, university, or non-correspondence
business school which includes eighteen semester credit hours of
accounting or bookkeeping can be substituted for the required
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail and organizational abilities.
- Affinity for a customer service oriented position.
To apply, please submit the following materials:
- A current resume.
- A cover letter that specifically tells us how your background
and experience align with the requirements, qualifications, and
responsibilities of the position.
We may request references at a later time.
Please apply by October 17, 2021 for consideration.
Note: Application materials will not be accepted via email. For
consideration, please apply through CU Boulder Jobs.
Posting Contact Information
Posting Contact Name:
Boulder Campus Human Resources
Posting Contact Email: