This recruitment will be used to fill six full-time
Fiscal Coordinator 2 positions. The Controller’s Unit is
responsible for providing financial and administrative services to
colleges and administrative units. These positions provide support
in the interpretation, development and implementation of policies
and procedures and play a critical role by performing highly
complex multi-fiscal functions, including, but not limited to,
analysis, auditing, projections, payroll, budget management, and
recommending financial solutions. This position communicates
college, university, state, federal policy and guidelines to
These positions have frequent interactions in person, telephone,
Zoom, and via email with Directors/Unit Heads, staff, faculty,
central university business partners, college administration and
outside vendors to exchange information, collect data, make
recommendations, secure approvals, and solve problems. These
positions operate autonomously within parameters set forth by
These positions may be responsible for lead work duties,
coordinating the work of other staff members in service to
customers/stakeholders throughout the university, including
administrative and academic units.
These positions will each report to a Manager within the
To be successful in this role the incumbent must:
- Ensure high standards of accuracy and precision and be highly
- Be articulate with excellent verbal and written communication
- Be results oriented, with demonstrated ability to problem
- Have the ability to build and maintain collaborative
relationships across a wide stakeholder group.
- Have the ability to prioritize workload and proactively manage
expectations in relation to agreed deliverables, even when faced
with competing priorities.
- Comply with the systems and standards when dealing with
internal and external customers
65% Budget & Fiscal Analysis and
- Conduct financial planning, forecasting, analyses, budgeting,
reporting, and financial systems oversight and recommend solutions
to primary stakeholders.
- Generate variance reports to highlight problems and provide
solutions using detailed record research, revenue and expenditure
statements and forecasting, extracting financial data and reports
from the university’s financial information system; and analysis
and interpretation of reports from the colleges, university, and
- Collect information, make recommendations, and implement budget
- Communicate budgetary and financial information to
- Prepare and evaluate a variety of fiscal reports;
monthly/quarterly/year-end reports, budgetary documents, auditing
reports, budget projections and forecast reports.
- Provide guidance for other accountants in the business center
for a variety of fiscal reports.
- Create, maintain and modify reports using Excel, Banner, CORE
and/or Jaspersoft. Prepare special reports and studies as
- Forecast and analyze revenue and expenditure trends.
25% Accounting and Fiscal Management
- Monitor and reconcile various funds including, but not limited
to, Education and General, grants, self-support, and foundation
- Interpret University and agency guidelines and policies and act
independently to determine the correct application of these
guidelines to accounts.
- Develop long range financial planning documents.
- Prepare, compile and provide a variety of fiscal reports,
utilizing the university’s financial information systems.
- Serve as backup administrator for scholarship disbursements and
maintenance of scholarship system.
- Track errors through the accounting system; process correcting
journal vouchers, assign appropriate account codes and activity
codes and ensure proper audit trail.
- Process budget changes via journal voucher or in coordination
with the OSU Office of Budget and Resource Planning.
- Oversee and ensure compliance with rules and regulations within
all areas of business including payroll, purchasing, travel,
budget, and research activities.
- Coordinate purchasing of goods and services with units and
outside vendors and preparing Personal Services Contracts as
- Review and approve payments in Banner and/or BennyBuy as
- Coordinate fiscal year-end closing activities to ensure proper
closing of the books and meet year-end deadlines.
- Respond to financial issues with internal and external
10% Miscellaneous Duties
- Participate in committees and work groups.
- Participate in goal setting, development, and monitoring of
metrics within the Controller’s Unit.
- Provide back up support for Business Center managers and
co-workers as needed.
- Suggest improvement to workflow and process improvements.
- Participate in training and professional development
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.