Monday, October 18, 2021
Salary is $47,498.66. Compensation package is comprised of many
college paid benefits including health and life insurance,
retirement, leave time, and tuition waivers for Santa Fe College
and the University of Florida.
Full-time, Technical/Professional, Paygrade PT5, Exempt.
Northwest Campus, 3000 NW 83rd Street, Building F, Gainesville, FL
Overview: Santa Fe College (SF) has
been recognized as one of the top-rated community colleges in the
United States. Santa Fe College is a comprehensive public
college that offers a range of Bachelor’s degrees, Associate in
Arts, Associate in Science and Associate in Applied Science degree
options, as well as Certificate and Non-Degree programs.
Santa Fe College is a student-centered institution with a
commitment to open access, academic excellence, and cultural and
ethnic diversity. A high quality of life, temperate climate,
proximity to the University of Florida, diverse cultural events,
and plentiful recreational opportunities make SF and Gainesville an
ideal community to work and live.
The Office for Advancement seeks a Coordinator for Sponsored
Projects Compliance. The Sponsored Projects Compliance
Coordinator will assist the Director for Sponsored Projects in
grants management oversight of sponsored projects (planning,
developing and leading project management, administration,
compliance, governance and certification efforts). This
position will provide cross-functional support and assistance to
all efforts associated with grants project development, management
Responsibilities and duties include:
- Provides support for post-award grant processes and systems to
ensure effective performance and fiscal accountability; develop
timelines and coordinate funding reports.
- Coordinate and assist Grant Project Directors to ensure the
timeliness, content and professional quality of grant reporting
requirements to funding agency.
- Researches, collects, analyzes and interprets data to monitor
project progress to include the use of databases, research engines
etc.; monitor various Grant Projects progress towards meeting their
project goals, objectives, deliverables, and outcomes.
- Work with the Director for Sponsored Projects to clarify,
monitor, and enforce program guidelines, policies, and procedures.
Refers compliance issues or unique situations to the Director for
Sponsored Projects and other designated executive staff.
- Work with the Director for Sponsored Projects to design and
develop training materials for administration, faculty, and staff
on grant compliance rules and regulations as well as Grants 101
- Analyze and interpret research output to produce and present
- Examine and analyze all Federal, State, and private grant
projects to determine eligibility status and compliance with the
agency requirements. Inspect all participant electronic management
and participant files to ensure consistent and required collection
of data in participant records.
- Respond to complex inquiries from all levels of employees or
- Assist in communicating with funding agencies and College
communication regarding grants management.
- Provides cross-functional support for the pre-award (research,
content writing and editing) and electronic submission
- Provide service excellence through courteous, informed,
accessible and professional engagement.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Reports to: Director, Sponsored Projects
Required: A Bachelor’s degree and two (2) years
of related work experience of technical writing and computer
skills, project management and/or grants compliance.
Additional Requirements: Must have or
will complete the required course work to earn the Certified Grants
Management Specialist designation from the National Grants
Management Association (NGMA) with the first year of hire date. A
criminal background check will be conducted.
Preferred: Master’s degree. Two (2) years of
related work experience implementing or managing grants or related
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to work successfully in a multi-cultural
- Ability to effectively handle confidential and proprietary
- Adaptability to Change – able to be flexible and supportive,
able to positively and proactively assimilate change in rapid
- Analytical Aptitude & Problem Solving - able to analyze
information, problems, situations, practices and/or procedures,
collect and interpret data, reason logically, establish facts,
identify and define existing and potential issues, recognize the
interrelationships among elements, draw valid conclusions, develop
recommendations, as well as alternative courses of action, select
appropriate course, follow up, and evaluate.
- Communication – able to effectively communicate in a
professional, diplomatic, empathetic, and tactful manner using
preferred method and level as applicable to the job.
- Critical Thinking & Judgement - able to make well-reasoned,
sensible, and timely decisions based on careful, objective review
and informed analysis of available information, considerations, and
- Organization & Time Management – able to plan, schedule,
and organize tasks related to the job to achieve goals within or
ahead of established time frames.
- Problem Solving – proven skills in identifying issues,
determining their cause, developing creative solutions, and
following through with implementing resolutions.
- Relationship Management – able to personally provide high level
of interactive service to others, building relationships and
addressing identified needs.
- Results Orientation – proven ability to set and exceed
- Systems & Software - proficient level of knowledge of
Microsoft Office and/or relevant position software programs.
- Team Orientation & Interpersonal – highly motivated team
player with ability to develop and maintain collaborative
relationships with all levels within and external to the
- Independent work - able to work independently with limited
supervision and able to self-motivate.
Application Process: All applicants must
complete the SF Employment Application, submit a letter
of intent, an up-to-date resume, as well as college transcripts
through the job portal to
be considered for this position. College transcripts
are required for any college
coursework. Unofficial transcripts are only
accepted for review purposes, official transcripts are
required prior to any offer of employment being