Friday, October 15, 2021
Starting Salary is 59,130.96. Compensation package is comprised of
many college paid benefits including health and life insurance,
retirement, leave time, and tuition waivers for Santa Fe College
and the University of Florida.
Full-time, Executive Managerial,EM2, Exempt.
3000 N.W. 83rd Street, Gainesville, Florida 32606
Overview: Santa Fe College (SF) has
been recognized as one of the top-rated community college in the
United States. Santa Fe College is a student-centered
institution with a commitment to open access, academic excellence,
and cultural and ethnic diversity. Santa Fe College is a
comprehensive public college that offers a range of bachelor’s
degrees, Associate in Arts, Associate in Science and Associate in
Applied Science degree options, as well as certificate and
non-degree programs. A high quality of life, temperate
climate, proximity to the University of Florida, diverse cultural
events, and plentiful recreational opportunities make SF and
Gainesville an ideal community to work and live. SF enrolls over
16,000 students each semester, retains and completes over 60% of
students every academic year, while over 10% transfer into the
The Director will report to the Associate Vice
President for Academic Affairs (Career and Technical Education) and
will provide leadership and strategic direction for workforce
development and continuing education programs. It is responsible
for the planning, delivery, reporting, and evaluation of workforce
and continuing education training. The director also
maintains strong relationships with the community, business, and
Responsibilities and duties include:
- Provides leadership for and management of continuing education
and workforce staff.
- Develops and maintains relationships with community and
industry partners in order to gain information about workforce
- Oversees the development of responsive workforce solutions for
area business and industry partners
- Builds and maintains productive relationships with public,
private, and non-profit employers to create pathways for future
- Oversees the development of responsive, customized workforce
solutions for area business and industry partners and regional
economic development efforts, collaborating closely with academic
department chairs to achieve appropriate programmatic
- Leads the coordination efforts in the development,
implementation, and reporting of workforce and continuing education
- Leads efforts to increase the number of business and industry
partners participating in contract and/or customized training with
- Develops content for formal presentations and recruitment of
partners and students for workforce and continuing education
- Obtains labor market information and talent demand information,
translating that data into meaningful information to create
workforce development and continuing education strategies.
- Continually research new and innovative ways to market and
promote workforce and continuing education offerings.
- Develop processes for assessing the college’s workforce and
continuing education programs.
- Actively seek funding opportunities to support the college’s
workforce and continuing education efforts.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Reports to: Associate Vice President, Academic Affairs (CTE)
degree and a minimum of (3) three years of related work experience
in workforce development.
Additional Requirements: Applicant must have a
valid Florida Driver’s License and be authorized to drive by the
Requirements). A criminal background check will be
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to work successfully in a multicultural
- Adaptability to Change – able to be flexible and supportive,
able to positively and proactively assimilate change in rapid
- Communication – able to effectively communicate in a
professional, diplomatic, empathetic, and tactful manner using
preferred method and level as applicable to the job.
- Critical Thinking & Judgement - able to make well-reasoned,
sensible, and timely decisions based on careful, objective review
and informed analysis of available information, considerations, and
- Ethics – able to demonstrate integrity, professionalism,
civility, and a high degree of ethics in all job-related
- Leadership – has demonstrated success as an entrepreneurial,
high energy, driven, hands-on leader. Possess expertise in
selecting, training, developing, coaching, mentoring, and retaining
a highly motivated workforce.
- Organization & Time Management – able to plan, schedule,
and organize tasks related to the job to achieve goals within or
ahead of established time frames.
- Problem Solving – proven skills in identifying issues,
determining their cause, developing creative solutions, and
following through with implementing resolutions.
- Relationship Management – able to personally provide a high
level of interactive service to others, including building
relationships and addressing identified needs.
- Results Orientation – proven ability to set and exceed
- Systems & Software - proficient level of knowledge of
Microsoft Office and/or relevant position software programs.
- Team Orientation & Interpersonal – highly motivated team
player with ability to develop and maintain collaborative
relationships with all levels within and external to the
Application Process: All
applicants must submit a completed online SF Employment Application, a
letter of intent, an up-to-date resume/curriculum vitae,
applicable certifications/licensure, as well as academic
transcripts to be considered for this position. Unofficial
transcripts are only accepted for review
purposes, official transcripts
are required prior to any offer of
employment being made.