Department Contact Email
Job Summary/Basic Function
Provides academic advice and counseling for first-year students.
Collaborates with colleagues and other units to create, implement,
assess and refine systems designed to support student
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES :
• Work with first-year students to define and plan for achieving
realistic educational goals.
• Monitor student progress toward achieving educational and career
• Work with faculty and staff to develop and implement retention
strategies, including intervention and early alert.
• Maintain complete and accurate records showing the student’s
major, career plans, and other related information.
• Track and assure correction and updating of student academic
records in Banner (e.g., to confirm that the major is accurately
• Collaborate in developing and implementing a seamless system for
sophomores to transition to academic advising within their
• Assure collaboration among related offices (e.g., registrar,
assessment, career services) to track and assist students in
meeting their academic goals.
• Engage students in conversations about the University’s core
values, with focus on the roles these values play in academic and
• Match students with appropriate academic support and counseling
• Participate in University committees and projects related to
student learning and academic success.
• Participate in advising workshops and other professional
development activities as they become available.
• Review and approve students’ proposed class schedules.
• Provide advising services for upper-class students during faculty
• Teach one or more sections of USS 1000 or USS 1200 each
• Participate in outreach efforts to re-enroll students placed on
• Master’s degree in an academic discipline.
• Previous advising or teaching experience at the college
• Excellent computer skills.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with ability to
work effectively with students, colleagues, faculty and
• Willingness to work a flexible schedule that involves some
evening and weekend duties.
Open Until Filled
Special Instructions to Applicants
Priority consideration will be given to those who apply by or
before October 15, 2021.
Staff - Monthly (Exempt)
Budgeted Annual Salary
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * What is the highest degree you hold?
- Completed all Doctorate coursework, but has not completed
- Master's Degree
- Bachelor's Degree
- Assoicate's Degree
- High School Diploma or GED
- Cover Letter
- Unofficial Transcripts