Full Time/Part Time
Under the general direction of the Librarian-Head of External
Programs and ILL, the Library Computer Technician position is
responsible for supporting the instruction, research, and public
services programs of the Library by maintaining and troubleshooting
the library’s computers and other equipment. Position hours are
Sunday through Thursday 1:00pm to 10:00pm except for semester
breaks (Monday through Friday 8am-5pm).
Duties and Responsibilities
• Organize and coordinate the day-to-day tasks required to keep
library equipment operational;
• Diagnose problems and make minor repair of computers, printers,
and other equipment;
• Organize and coordinate all computer applications for the
• Load, maintain, and troubleshoot software;
• Support the library’s web resources;
• Train and supervise library clerks and student assistants;
• Provide training and assistance to faculty, staff and
• Keep an inventory of all equipment and supplies;
• Provide monthly reports;
• Coordinate new system installations and solve problems which are
encountered during this process;
• Serve as a liaison to Information Technology Services;
• Train and keep abreast with the latest technology trends;
• Maintain a Policy and Procedures manual for the section;
• Perform other related duties as assigned;
• Maintain regular attendance.
Minimum Job Requirements
• EDUCATION : Two (2) years of college or Associates Degree
• EXPERIENCE : Two (2) years of experience working with
Preference: Previous experience working in a Library setting
Special Conditions for Eligibility
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Ability to diagnose and resolve equipment problems;
• Basic understanding of Windows based computer operations, with
attention to detail, accuracy and speed;
• Ability to use procedural manuals and to follow written and oral
• Ability and willingness to adapt to changing unit needs;
• Ability to work independently;
• Ability to work well with others;
• Ability to prioritize job tasks;
• Ability to train employees;
• Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in
• Repetitive hand motions and prolonged use of computer.
• Must occasionally lift and/or move up to fifty (50) pounds.
• Sitting for extended periods of time.
• Kneel, bend, reach and stoop.
• Walking for extended periods of time.
• Work is performed in a typical interior/office work
• Work with frequent interruptions.
• Work in dirty/dusty conditions occasionally
• Occasionally work around fumes/odors
Work Location/Campus Center
Las Vegas, NM Campus
New Mexico Highlands University is an affirmative action, equal
opportunity employer, making decisions without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected
class. We are committed to the University values of diversity,
accessibility, excellence, and responsiveness.
For disabled access or services call 505-454-3242 or email
Visit the link below for more information regarding affirmative
action and equal opportunity:
Equal Employment Opportunity is THE LAW
Open Until Filled
Special Instructions to Applicant
A complete online application must include: 1) Letter of
interest/cover letter; 2) Resume; and, 3) Names, telephone numbers
and email address of three (3) professional references in online
application. References will be contacted in conjunction with
on-campus interview. Upload required materials with online
application. For disabled access or services, call (505) 454-3242
or contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org NMHU IS AN EQUAL
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
Documents Needed to Apply
- * How did you hear about this employment opportunity?
- Public Job Posting
- Internal Job Posting
- Agency Referral
- Personal Referral
- * What is the highest level of education attained?
- High School Diploma
- Associates Degree
- Bachelors Degree
- Masters Degree
- * How many years of experience do you have in this type of
- Please describe the attributes that will make you a strong
candidate for this position
(Open Ended Question)
- Cover Letter/ Letter of Interest
- Unofficial Transcripts Conferring Required Degree