Key Position Information:
High School Diploma or equivalent (GED).
Four years experience in custodial maintenance, including one year
lead worker experience.
* An equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient
to successfully perform the essential duties of the job may be
acceptable in lieu of those requirements listed above.
- Supervisory principles;
- Basic cleaning techniques;
- Applicable equipment and tools;
- Applicable cleaning chemicals;
- Basic training principles;
- Inventory principles;
- Safe work practices;
- Report preparation techniques;
- Basic budget principles;
- Computers and related software applications.
- Prioritizing and assigning work;
- Monitoring and evaluating employees;
- Supervising, monitoring, and inspecting custodial activities
and job sites;
- Reviewing, preparing, and maintaining a variety records and
- Monitoring, maintaining, and requisitioning inventory and
- Monitoring a budget;
- Using a computer and related software applications;
- Communication, interpersonal skills as applied to interaction
with subordinates, coworkers, supervisor, the general public, etc.
sufficient to exchange or convey information and to give and
receive work direction.
- Positions in this class typically require: stooping, kneeling,
crouching, reaching, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, lifting,
grasping, feeling, talking, hearing, seeing and repetitive
- Medium Work: Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally,
and/or up to 20 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds
of force constantly to move objects.
- Incumbents may be subjected to moving mechanical parts,
electrical currents, vibrations, fumes, odors, dusts, gases,
chemicals, and extreme temperatures.
These duties are a representative sample; position assignments may
Supervises custodial staff to include: prioritizing and assigning
work; ensuring staff are trained; ensuring that employees follow
policies and procedures; and maintaining a healthy and safe working
Daily - 15%
Supervises the day-to-day activities of custodial services, which
includes: implementing processes, procedures, and standards;
monitoring maintenance schedules; and monitoring workflows and work
Daily - 45%
Performs job site inspections to ensure desired outcomes and
compliance with applicable safety standards and specifications;
enforces employee adherence to applicable safety rules and
Daily - 10%
Maintains inventory which includes calculating materials needed and
ordering supplies and materials when levels are low.
Weekly - 10%
Monitors a department budget and expenses.
Weekly - 10%
Prepares and maintains operational logs, records, and
Daily - 10%
Performs other duties of a similar nature or level.
To apply, visit https://web.spcollege.edu/hrapp/job/4604
The Board of Trustees of St. Petersburg College affirms its
equal opportunity policy in accordance with the provisions of the
Florida Educational Equity Act and all other relevant state and
federal laws, rules and regulations. The college will not
discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex,
age, national origin, marital status, pregnancy, sexual
orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or against any
qualified individual with disabilities in its employment practices
or in the admission and treatment of students. Recognizing that
sexual harassment constitutes discrimination on the basis of sex
and violates this Rule, the college will not tolerate such conduct.
Should you experience such behavior, please contact Pamela Smith,
the director of EA/EO/Title IX Coordinator at 727-341-3261; by mail
at P.O. Box 13489, St. Petersburg, FL 33733-3489; or by email at