Founded in 1917, Providence College (PC) is a premier Catholic
liberal arts institution steadfastly committed to academic
excellence through a dynamic core curriculum, a distinctive
Development of Western Civilization Program, and abundant
experiential learning opportunities. The only U.S. higher education
institution administered by the Dominican Friars, PC is committed
to providing a variety of opportunities for intellectual, social,
moral, and spiritual growth in a supportive environment. Providence
College believes that cultural and intellectual pluralism is
essential to the excellence of its academic programs, and strives
to foster an academic culture and campus community reflecting the
global environment in which we live and work.
The approximately 105-acre campus is situated in Rhode Island’s
capital city and is close to the many cultural and educational
offerings of Rhode Island’s “renaissance city.” Additionally,
Providence is located an hour from Boston and just a few hours from
New York City.
For years, Providence College has been recognized in the U.S.
News & World Report
“Regional Universities – North
Category” and has been commended by several other ranking
Associate Director, Advancement Records Management
Oversee gift/data records management procedures and policies and
create and maintain documentation, including gift, pledge, and
acknowledgement administration standards. Ensure the accuracy and
completeness of gift and constituent records data and build
department-wide responsibility for data integrity, as well as
finding new ways to increase efficiency in records management.
1. Manage, hire, and train staff, graduate assistants, and student
workers to guide the pro-active and accurate administration of
gift/pledge transactions, receipting, acknowledgement workflow and
distribution, and constituent data maintenance. Manage the
distribution of work among team members. Conduct performance
reviews and goal setting for direct reports. Oversee and ensure the
accurate and timely distribution of gift acknowledgement
communications and pledge reminders. Create gift acknowledgement
and pledge reminder documents.
2. Ensure the accuracy and completeness of gift and biographic
records. Perform regular audits and monitor gift/data entry. When
volume requires, serve as an additional gift/data administrator;
enter gift pledge batches, update data elements, run maintenance
reports to identify issues that require administration.
3. Lead the development and implementation of ongoing data quality
standards and internal gift administration standards and controls
in compliance with IRS, CASE, FASB regulations and guidelines.
Review, implement, and document comprehensive standards, policies,
procedures, and work flow for all aspects of the gift and
biographic entry and maintenance by direct reports and/or other
Advancement staff with records creation/modification permissions.
Create strategies and partner with colleagues in OIA and other
departments for enhancing and updating constituent data in the
Advancement CRM .
4. Communicate with donors, constituents, and OIA staff to ensure
that donors and constituents have the information necessary to
easily and accurately complete gift/pledge transactions and/or
provide updated constituent information to OIA . Communicate with
OIA staff to provide notification about incoming gift transactions
and/or biographic data updates that may require their action.
5. Partner with units within the Finance department to promote
understanding of the relevant regulations, standards, and practices
related to Finance and Institutional Advancement functions; lead
the reconciliation of gift/pledge data monthly, quarterly, and
Perform all other duties as may be required.
Education and Experience Required
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution required
- Minimum of five years’ experience in a position of comparable
complexity and scope in gift accounting or records management, or
extensive experience in a closely related field and/or an
equivalent combination of education and experience
- Strong leadership and collaboration skills with a commitment to
a diverse and inclusive team-based work environment
- Experience in hiring, training, supervising, and evaluating
- Ability to take initiative to work proactively, meet deadlines,
organize and prioritize multiple projects, think strategically, and
work with numbers and data
- Ability to appropriately handle confidential and sensitive
- Exhibit a positive attitude, strong work ethic, and sound
- Ability to manage ambiguity and competing priorities
- Ability to problem-solve and use analytical skills to develop
and implement creative solutions
- Strong interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
and attention to detail
- Ability to work both independently and as a collaborative
member of the Advancement team
- Ability to quickly learn new technology and expertise with MS
Office, including advanced level use of Excel
- Through and complete knowledge of all aspects of gift and
pledge processing and running of acknowledgments
- Comprehensive knowledge of and experience in interpreting IRS
regulations and CASE reporting and data entry standards as they
pertain to administering charitable giving transactions and
- Experience with, and knowledge of, data acquisition methods,
techniques, and sources (including electronic sources) to
efficiently upgrade data quality and efficiency.
- Sitting in a normal seated position for extended periods of
- Reaching by extending hand(s) or arm(s) in any direction
- Finger dexterity required to manipulate objects with fingers
rather than with whole hand(s) or arm(s), for example, using a
- Communication skills using the spoken word
- Ability to see within normal parameters
- Ability to hear within normal range
- Ability to move about
If other, please enter regular schedule.
Providence College does not discriminate against any person because
of race, color, national and ethnic origin, sex, gender, except
where gender is a bona fide occupational qualification, sexual
orientation, gender identity, religion, disability, age, veteran
status, or genetic information. The College will develop, and from
time to time update, an affirmative action program and will insist
on a good-faith effort on the part of its employees to comply with
the program. The College will request and expect its agents and
those with whom it conducts its affairs to meet the commitment of
this important program.
Open Until Filled
Special Instructions to Applicants
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
Documents Needed To Apply
- * We require all employees to be vaccinated. Are you vaccinated
or have a valid medical or religious exemption from receiving a
- Cover Letter
- Letter of Recommendation