Established in 1887 as a school for the education of American
Indians, The University of North Carolina at Pembroke serves a
distinctly diverse student body and encourages inclusion and
appreciation of the values of all people. Located in the heart of
Pembroke, N.C., UNCP boasts an enrollment of 8,200 in 41
undergraduate and 18 graduate programs and offers a personalized
learning environment where faculty and staff are dedicated to
engaged scholarship, high academic standards, creative activity and
public service. Spread over 281 acres, the campus offers a sense of
community and belonging-–a place where faculty and staff feel
supported, take pride in the university’s mission, and are devoted
to excellence in teaching, learning and research, and to developing
leaders who make a difference in their communities.
• Establish and maintain collaborative relationships and
communication with faculty and staff of key University departments
to support and track students.
• Establish and maintain collaborative relationships with
counselors at Community Colleges.
• Develop and implement recruitment activities and conduct
presentations and meetings with students at Community Colleges
• Collaborate with Community College partners to provide mutual
student support and to strengthen relationships
• Assist in the development and implementation of information
sessions to better prepare students for transitioning
• Arrange site visits to UNCP to orient students to
place, space and the University departments and
• Develop and implement both in person and virtual workshops on
transitioning and persisting in the University
• Assist students with completing the FAFSA and review
students’ financial aid packages to assure maximum aid is obtained
and that the student understands their aid packages.
• Conduct financial literacy one on one and group meetings in
person where possible and virtually.
• Provide individual support to students in the retention cohorts
on site and on partner campuses.
• Collaborate with faculty and University College advisors in
tracking students enrolled in their first semester and follow up
with survey, phone call, or one on one meeting to assess
connectedness, service support, and address questions the student
• Provide study groups/tutoring for students as needed.
• Assist in arranging activities and celebrations to advance
cohesion and peer support.
• Assist students with exploring career and job opportunities
through job readiness skills, resume development, and interviewing
• Maintain all required statistical and narrative documentation and
demographic case notes.
• Participate in staff trainings and meetings including partnership
meetings/conferences/presentations and professional
• Perform other duties as assigned.
Note that this is a grant-funded, time-limited position through
September 30, 2025.
Minimum Training and Experience Requirements:
Master’s Degree preferred or Bachelor’s degree in related field
and prior experience working with college age students
Bilingual candidate preferred, not required.
Experience with access University mission preferred.
Prefer candidate with knowledge of Banner, Admission Pros, uAchieve
(degree audit system), Canvas, etc.
Must possess strong teamwork, communication (verbal and written),
and organizational skills.
Knowledge of Microsoft Office and Google Suites
Strong ability to engage students and parents in activities that
support completion of college.
Ability to work evenings and/or weekends.
Management Preferences: Strong work ethic, support
and leadership abilities.
Special Instructions to Applicants: Applicants should
attach cover letter, detailed resume and list of professional
This position is subject to the successful completion of an
employment background check. An employment background check
includes a criminal background check, employment verification,
reference checks, license verification (if applicable) and credit
history check (if applicable). In compliance with federal law, all
persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility
to work in the United States and to complete the required
employment eligibility verification form upon hire. New employees
are paid only by direct deposit to the financial institution of
their choice. Candidates claiming Veterans Preference must attach a
copy of their DD-214 as a part of the online application
UNC Pembroke is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The University
prohibits discrimination against qualified individuals based on
their status as protected veterans or individuals with
disabilities, and prohibits discrimination against all individuals
based on their age, race, color, genetic information, religion,
sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression and national
origin. UNC Pembroke is a VEVRAA Federal
Contractor and seeks priority referrals of protected veterans for