Adjunct Faculty, Social Work
Position's Functional Title
AY21/22 Adjunct Faculty, Social Work
Position Start Date
Position End Date (if temporary)
Governors State University’s College of Health and Human Services
seeks to create an available pool of Adjunct Faculty candidates to
teach BSW and MSW Foundation Level courses and Field Practicum and
Integrative Seminars. The major responsibilities of an adjunct
faculty member are to have extensive practice experience, knowledge
in the assigned teaching area and participate in all related
curricular meetings as needed.
Interested individuals are invited to complete a faculty profile,
attach a curriculum vitae, and transcripts for consideration.
At Governors State University, adjunct faculty are hired as
temporary faculty with teaching responsibilities for a specific
course in a semester or summer session. Adjuncts are not a part of
the faculty bargaining unit and are not included in membership of
the Faculty Senate.
- Master’s Degree in Social Work
- Minimum two years Post MSW Practice Experience
-Teaching Experience of one year minimum
Open Until Filled
Type of Search
Quicklink for Posting
Special Instructions to Applicants
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you possess a Master's Degree in Social Work?
- * Do you have two years post-MSW practice experience?
- * Do you have experience teaching at the undergraduate level?
- * Do you have teaching experience at the graduate level?
- * Please select your availability to teach.
- Days only
- Evenings only
- Weekends only
- Days and Evenings only
- Days, Evenings and Weekends
- Evenings and Weekends only
- Online only
- Cover Letter
- Curriculum Vitae
- Writing/Media Samples
- Certification/Professional License
- Teaching Philosophy
- Research Documents
- Letter of Recommendation
- Veteran’s/Military Preference Points Documentation
- Written Response to Interview Question 1