Otis College of Art and Design
Student Employment & Department
Open Until Filled
Los Angeles, CA (Westchester)
The Student Employment & Department Coordinator assists in
the coordination and administration of student on-campus employment
and the general administrative functions of the Career Services
Office. This position involves heavy data entry and interaction
with students, staff, and faculty. This position reports directly
to the Director of Career Services.
● Serve as initial contact for Career Services, managing and
responding to general email and phone inquiries, and routing to
other staff as necessary.
● Serves as the initial contact for student payroll and
employment questions. Conducts research to provide appropriate
information as needed. Interfaces with a variety of administrative
and academic departments to resolve student payroll and employment
issues. Conveys information to student employees and/or hiring
managers when appropriate or refers individuals directly to the
● Reviews and processes payroll hiring documents for input into
a centralized student information database (Banner). Ensures
paperwork complies with federal and state regulations. Ensures
accuracy of student data entered by following established policies
and procedures (for international students, ensure they have SSN
● Ensures that students are paid accurately and in a timely
manner. Confirms that student records are set up correctly in an
automated timekeeping system. Reviews student payroll records using
manual or automated systems to verify accuracy of records and
● Work with the Primary Designated Officer (PDSO) to ensure
international students have the appropriate paperwork in order to
engage in the CPT and OPT process which is managed by the One
● Administers on-campus Federal Work Study funds in coordination
with Student Financial Services.
● Answers general policy and procedure questions regarding
student employment (i.e., employment requirements, academic status
requirements, job related requirements, etc.) Informs students in a
timely manner of job statuses (open or filled) on Otis Job
● Assists hiring managers with full cycle recruiting of student
workers. Develops student job descriptions, posts positions on Otis
Job Board, and on-boards hired students by training on timesheet
and payroll process, clocking in and out.
● Coordinates mandatory student trainings for on-campus
● Assists with the coordination of departmental special events.
May help negotiate with vendors and/or internal departments for
site arrangements, general facilities work, catering, guest
accommodations, parking, etc. May help coordinate the production
and/or distribution of promotional materials. May attend events to
oversee assigned activities and ensure details are handled as
● Establishes and maintains student files and records which may
contain confidential information. Ensures reconciliation and/or
quality control of records.
● Compiles data for special projects, studies, or reports as
needed. Tracks departmental statistics (i.e., placement activity
statistics, total student work hours) and prepares reports. Queries
a centralized database (Banner) for generating reports.
● Annually reconciles Student Employment totals in conjunction
with Business Office fiscal records (June).
● Maintains currency and compliance with all College policies
and procedures and applicable state, federal and local laws,
regulations, and policies related to student employment.
● Performs other related duties as assigned.
● Bachelor’s degree or combination of experience/education as
substitute for minimum education requirement. Preference for
degreed education in Human Resources Management or a related
● Prior experience in Human Resources within a college
environment is highly desired.
● Must have knowledge of federal and state regulations related
● Must be comfortable with data entry and data
● Must be fluent in Banner, comfortable creating reports and
using Banner screens to manage payroll, financial, and student
● Must have excellent verbal and written communication
● Must have strong presentation skills and be comfortable
● Must be highly organized, detail-oriented, and able to meet
● Must be able to work independently with minimal
● Must be highly customer service oriented and be able to
promote a friendly and helpful environment. Must be able to build
immediate rapport with students, faculty, and staff.
● Must be able to maintain a high level of professionalism in a
fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
● Strong computer skills required; working knowledge of
Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint required. Experience with
HR Banner Module is a plus.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates must apply via our website at https://otis.simplehire.com/postings/1743
to be considered for the position.
Otis College of Art and Design is an Equal Opportunity employer,
and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national
origin, ancestry, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age,
physical disability, mental disability, marital status, veteran
status, genetic information, or any other characteristic which may
be specified by law or college policy.