The Academic Advising department at Middlesex College invites
applications for part-time Academic Advisors at our main Edison
Campus and at the College’s Perth Amboy and New Brunswick
Please be aware that these are pooled positions. Your completed
application will enable hiring officials to contact you at some
point in the future if and when a hiring need arises in the
SALARY: $23.00 per hour
UNIT: Unaffiliated (Part-time)
DEPARTMENT: Academic Advising
REPORTS TO: Director of Academic Advising
1. Provides holistic advising for students; assists students in
exploring options, setting goals, and creating a plan to achieve
2. Communicates proactively with students throughout all phases of
the student experience.
3. Provides in-person and electronic academic advising for current
and new students.
4. Stays current with enrollment and support services for students;
provides students with Financial Aid-related deadlines and
regulations and actively refers students to support services.
5. Assists students with program completion, following the Guided
6. Assists in the preparation for and participation in Group
7. Coordinates group or virtual sessions for students to learn
about Student Planning and Middlesex College resources.
8. Participates in the verification of Non-Compliance
9. May assume administrative coverage in the absence of the
10. May lead information sessions at other local community
11. May assist with telephone coverage.
12. Performs other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor's degree
• One year of experience in student advising, enrollment services,
counseling, or financial aid in higher education environment
• Experience working with diverse student populations
• Experience coordinating information sessions in-person and
• Knowledge of resources available to students who do not qualify
for traditional financial aid
• Proficient in Microsoft Office and Zoom Conference platform
• Master's degree
• Ability to meet flexible work schedule requirements that include
evenings and weekend hours in accordance with departmental
• Excellent written, computer, oral, and interpersonal
SCHEDULE: Up to 20 hours per week
Please indicate day, evening, and/or Saturday availability in your