College of Human
Department of Human
Nutrition and Hospitality Management
Applications are now being
accepted for a Renewable Contract Faculty
Assistant Professor in Human
The Department of Human Nutrition and Hospitality Management, a
growing Department with a thriving faculty, seeks to fill a
full-time assistant professor position in Human Nutrition. The
Department is one of five in the College of Human Environmental
Sciences at The University of Alabama. We offer an
undergraduate degree in Food and Nutrition, a Coordinated Program
in Dietetics, and a Didactic Program in Dietetics. Additionally,
the Department offers a MS and PhD in Human Nutrition.
The University of Alabama is ranked among the top 50 public
universities in the nation with a focus on research, teaching, and
service, and it is one of the most beautiful college campuses in
America. The University is a leader among public universities
nationwide in the enrollment of National Merit Scholars and is the
senior comprehensive doctoral level institution in Alabama. The
University and the Department are committed to creating a diverse
and inclusive learning and work environment for our students,
faculty and staff.
Qualifications: Applicants should have a
strong background, training, and expertise in human nutrition and
food service management.
- PhD required.
- Registered Dietitian required.
- Must have completed at least 18 hours of graduate level
- Evidence of the ability to teach at the collegiate level.
Responsibilities: Teaching and service to
articulate the mission of the University including:
- Teach courses as needed at the undergraduate and graduate
- Recruit, mentor, and advise students.
- Serve on Department, College, and University committees.
Application Deadline: January 15,
- Complete application on-line at https://facultyjobs.ua.edu
- Applications must include the following:
- Cover letter including a diversity statement to further The
University of Alabama’s commitment to diversity, equity and
- Curriculum vitae
- Transcripts of graduate coursework
- Teaching philosophy (1 page)
- List of three professional references including their
qualifications as the referrent
- For further information contact: Kristi
The University of Alabama is an Equal Employment/Equal Education
that actively seeks diversity among its employees.