Assistant/Associate Professor - Cybersecurity/Computer
Missouri Western State University is seeking a dynamic
tenure-track faculty beginning in Jan 2022.
The faculty rank is dependent on the candidate’s experience. The
hired candidate will be expected to lead the development of the new
Cybersecurity program and teach courses related to cybersecurity
and computer science. Salary is competitive and dependent on
qualifications and experience. Review of applicants will begin
immediately and continue until the position is filled.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES :
- Lead the development and growth of a new Cybersecurity program
through relevant partnerships with industry and the community
(includes program marketing and student recruitment).
- Leading the development of a curriculum responsive to
cybersecurity workforce needs.
- Overseeing the review and assessment of cybersecurity courses
and program learning outcomes.
- Work closely with the Department chair on course scheduling and
assignments for cybersecurity faculty.
- Teach undergraduate and graduate students in the
cybersecurity/computer science programs with cutting edge
- Develop and manage course content ensuring inclusion of
critical asset protection, risk intelligence and risk management,
ensuring that they meet departmental and university standards.
- Participation in campus initiatives related to teaching such as
learning communities, honors programs, and applied learning.
participation in programs that promote instructional development in
- Document students’ attendance, participation, and academic
progress by giving and grading assignments, projects, quizzes
and/or examinations that lead to a final grade; plan and create
lectures, in-class activities, and assignments; maintain currency
in one’s area of expertise and discipline.
- Engage in scholarly and creative activities leading to
peer-reviewed artifacts, performances, and/or exhibitions including
basic research or creative expression, reviews and/or integrates
prior research, applies current knowledge and innovations to
important practices, and focuses on the nature and improvement of
- Advising and mentoring students on issues related to academic
- Accessible to students outside the classroom, providing ample
periods of time for counseling and mentoring students in matters
related to academic success.
- Engage in service activities in support of departmental,
college, university, and community needs.
- Participate in relevant professional organizations and student
recruitment efforts as assigned.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Master’s degree or higher in Cybersecurity, Computer Science,
Computer Information Systems, or closely related field and
demonstrated significant technical/professional experience in
- Familiarity with general data protection regulation, standard
risk frameworks and standard compliance frameworks.
- Communication, interpersonal skills as applied to interaction
with coworkers, supervisor, the general public, etc. sufficient to
exchange or convey information and to receive work direction
- Excellent teaching skills with an ability to coordinate with
the faculty and students from diverse cultural backgrounds
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to multitask
- Ability to engage large groups of people with complicated
- Able to teach with appropriate real-world experience
- Able to demonstrate confidence teaching and presenting in a
- Technologically adept: can utilize electronic communications,
online learning management systems, and other forms of technology
related to the position
- Passionate about specific academic fields and education in
- Clearly understands curriculum design, pedagogy, and learning
- Ph.D. or terminal degree in Cybersecurity, Computer Science,
Computer Information Systems, with certifications and extensive
industry experience in the cybersecurity field.
- Operational knowledge and hands on experience implementing best
practices standards. Examples of standards include Agile Product
Management with Scrum, ITIL, and HIPP / HITRUST
- Although teaching experience is not required, the qualified
candidate will have a strong interest in teaching and advising
students who are interested in the field.
- Experience in incident response or governance, risk, and
compliance will be given preference.
- Advanced certification for Certified Ethical Hacker ( CEH
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional ( CISSP
- Certified in Governance, Risk and Compliance ( CGRC ), or other
cybersecurity certifications at a similar level of rigor.
Sedentary Work: Exerting up to 10 pounds
Hours may include some evening and weekend assignments.
Hours of Work
Varied depending on classes.
Open Until Filled