Graduate Assistant- Creative Content, Athletic Department
The Graduate Assistant will provide support to the Director of
Creative Content within the Athletic Department. The GA works
flexible hours and receives full graduate school tuition covering a
maximum of 9 credit hours per semester as well as a monthly
ESSENTIAL DUTIES :
Candidate will report to the Director of Creative Content with
duties and responsibilities to include but not limited to :
- Shooting, editing and producing video content for sports teams
with an emphasis on feature stories, game previews and game
- Assist in shooting and producing unique hype videos that
emphasize “substance over sizzle”.
- Create still and motion graphics for video board and social
- Assist in managing department social media accounts
- Assist in live direction of home broadcasts and video board
production on game days.
- Assists with other duties as assigned.
- Maintains a positive and professional working relationship with
athletic staff and student-athletes.
Bachelor’s degree, and employment is contingent on acceptance into
MWSU Graduate School (2.75 GPA required for admission).
Essential Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Must possess working knowledge of sports videography and
- Must possess solid writing skills and communication skills
- General working knowledge of sports is required
- Experience in Adobe Premier Pro, After Effects and Photoshop is
- Due to the nature of college athletics, schedule flexibility is
Any previous experience working in athletics environment is
Sedentary Work. Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally
and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to
lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the
human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time. Jobs
are sedentary if walking and standing are required only
occasionally and all other sedentary criteria are met.
The GA position will start 1-01-2022
Hours of Work
Up to 20 hours per week.
Location: Athletic facilities and varies
Open Until Filled