Adjunct, University Writing Seminar
- Salve Regina University
- Rhode Island, United States
- Salary Not Specified
- Posted Date
- Sep 29, 2021
- Position Type
- Faculty Positions, Communications, Speech & Rhetoric, Humanities, English & Literature, English as a Second Language, Other Humanities, Administrative, Academic Affairs, Curriculum & Instructional Development
- Employment Level
- Employment Type
- Full Time
ESEENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Salve Regina University's Office of Undergraduate Studies is looking for a pool of experienced, student-centered educators to teach in the University Seminar program in Spring 2021. University Seminars are writing-intensive courses that challenge students to deepen the connection between writing and thinking, equips them with the necessary skills to effectively develop ideas and argument through academic writing, and prepares them for a variety of writing that they will encounter throughout the course of their studies at Salve Regina. Responsibilities include teaching 1-2 sections (3 credits each) of UNV 102:
- Prepare and instruct classes as assigned by the Dean of Undergraduate Studies or the University Seminars coordinator
- Attend University Seminars meetings as requested
- Read, comment on, grade and return student assignments, examinations, reports, etc. in a timely manner
- Provide a course syllabus at the start of the semester to students the University Seminars coordinator
- Use the Salve learning management system (Canvas) to disseminate syllabus, course material and grades to students
- Hold weekly office hours
- Use Salve email to send and receive official email correspondence
- Work collaboratively with other instructors
- Master's degree in Rhetoric, Composition, English or related discipline.
- Experience teaching composition at the college level is strongly preferred.
- Candidates should have an ability to communicate effectively, to use technology and learning management systems (e.g. Canvas) effectively in teaching and learning, and to work collaboratively with other members of the department.
Salve Regina University strives to provide equal opportunity in employment and education to all employees, students and applicants. No employee, student or applicant shall be discriminated against or harassed on the basis of race, color, national and ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, age, marital or parental status, military or veteran status, genetic information or any other basis protected by applicable federal or state law, in the administration of Salve Regina's employment policies, education policies, admission policies, scholarship and loan programs, athletic and other University administered programs. In accordance with Title IX, it does not discriminate on the basis of sex in any of its educational programs or activities. Salve Regina is also committed to making its programs and campus accessible to its visitors and compliant with all applicable non-discrimination laws.
Applicants must apply online for any open staff and faculty positions by providing a cover-letter and resume. Pre-employment background checks and reference checks are required of successful candidates. Salve Regina University participates in E-verify.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert