Admin Support III - School of Education
: Staff - Full-Time
The UVU School of Education is accepting applications for a new
full-time administrative assistant. This position will fulfill a
key role in providing administrative support to the Assistant Dean
in the areas of engagement, inclusion, global/intercultural,
accreditation, and/or other related fields. Successful candidates
will play a vital role in the School of Education supporting a
range of educational programs locally, across the state, and
globally. Individuals in these roles will have the opportunity to
grow professionally working with a range of key players in the
field of education.
This role perform advanced and confidential administrative support
duties, including composing routine correspondence and obtaining
information requiring knowledge of policies/procedures of both
assigned and work related areas. Composes, edits, and proofreads
correspondence and reports, and prepares a range of administrative
documents, including taking detailed and accurate meeting minutes.
Coordinates financial activities for area, including procurement,
travel arrangements, index tracking and reconciliation, budget
balances, etc. Maintains inventory of office equipment and
supplies. Supports events, marketing, communications, and
correspondence. Handles other office duties as needed. UVU offers
an excellent benefits package which includes a generous leave
policy, 12 paid holidays, affordable medical and dental insurance
options, life and AD&D insurance, tuition waiver (undergraduate
resident) for employee and dependents and substantial employer
contribution to a retirement plan.
Graduation from an accredited institution with a bachelor’s related
to the Summary of Duties or any combination of education and/or
experience totaling four years.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- -Knowledge of computer software applications including
Microsoft Office, databases, and social media.
- -Knowledge of office methods, techniques, practices, and
- -Knowledge of current and efficient practices in bookkeeping,
scheduling, administrative support, events, marketing and/or
- -Skill in the use of computers and computer software
applications, including word processing, mail merges, spreadsheets,
email, internet, databases, and/or presentations.
- -Skill in database tracking, analysis, and/or management.
- -Skill in the preparation of interpretation of reports, charts,
graphs, and tables.
- -Skill of coordinating and assisting in the preparation and
monitoring of departmental financial transactions and budgets.
- -Skill to communicate effectively, verbally and in writing with
people of diverse backgrounds and personalities.
- -Strong interpersonal, problem-solving, and decision-making
- -Ability to plan and anticipate potential changes and act
- -Ability to assist with and/or complete tasks that affect
multiple stakeholders, including high-level university
- -Ability to exercise independent judgement and decision-making
under minimal supervision.
- -Ability to work with diverse personalities in a dynamic
- -Ability to manage time efficiently.
- -Ability to follow verbal and written procedures and
- -Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in
- -Ability to be self-motivated and work independently.
- -Ability to multitask during the routine course of
- -Ability to maintain confidentiality of highly sensitive
information at all times.
- -Ability to learn and adapt to new processes, technologies, and
Preference for those with skills in Banner9, eSAFs, ePAFs, People
Admin, and Wolverine Marketplace.
Two years of experience related to the summary of duties in a
higher education setting.
Work is performed in a normal office environment.
UVU offers an excellent benefits package which includes a generous
leave policy, 12 paid holidays, affordable medical and dental
insurance options, life and AD&D insurance, tuition waiver
(undergraduate resident) for employee and dependents and
substantial employer contribution to a retirement plan.
$31,052 - $38,816
Review Start Date:
Open Until Filled:
Special Instructions to Applicant:
To apply, visit: https://www.uvu.jobs/postings/24848
Employment decisions are made on the basis of an applicant’s
qualifications and ability to perform the job without regard to
race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, gender expression, age (40 and over), disability,
veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth, or pregnancy-related
conditions, genetic information, or other bases protected by
applicable federal, state, or local law.