Job Vacancy Announcement
Manager, Technology Budget & Administrative Services
Full Time or Part Time
Hiring Salary Range
$66,281 - $72,909/Annually
Fixed Term/Tenure Track (Faculty Only)
Regular or Temporary
Job Description Summary
The Manager, Technology Budget and Administrative Services serves
as Office Manager for the Technology Budget and Administrative
Services department within Enterprise Technology. The Manager is
responsible for preparation of the Enterprise Technology annual
operating budgets, managing recurring contracts of the department,
managing technology purchases up to receipt and through to payment,
serving as a liaison to other College departments and technology
vendors and assisting with projects or information as deemed
appropriate. Manages the administrative staff responsible for
conducting research, preparing correspondence, reports and
presentations, handling information requests, planning conferences
and meetings, and providing purchasing and payroll support.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Computer Technology,
Management Information Systems or related field.
- Two years of experience in budget management.
- Minimum of two years supervisor experience required.
- A combination of earned education, certifications and years of
experience in lieu of Bachelor’s degree.
The following criteria, which are not the sole criteria used in the
final hiring decision, will be used to review the applications of
those persons who meet the stated minimum qualifications and to
select those qualified applicants who will be interviewed. Other
information and observations made during the interview process may
be considered in the selection process. Please ensure that your
documents address the criteria listed below for this
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Supervise and evaluate the Technology Budget and Administrative
- Manage general operation of Technology Budget and
Administrative Services office.
- Review and monitor budget cost centers to ensure availability
of funds and ensure no account in the red. Eradicates deficits by
maintaining balanced costs centers.
- Create and maintain internal spreadsheets and databases
containing budget and purchasing data.
- Create and maintain budget reports, expenditure status and
other budget information. Analyzes files and/or obtain information
from other divisions within Enterprise Technology
- Manages recurring contracts: obtain quotes, establish purchase
requisition, maintain electronic and hard copy file, and pay
invoices. Manages contracts as necessary throughout the year.
Maintains internal database.
- Manage college-wide technology purchases. Obtains and reviews
quotes, clarifies any issues with vendor, establishes purchase
requisition, tracks purchase through procurement process to vendor,
verifies and coordinates receipt of products, goods and services,
reviews and pays invoice when appropriate.
- Resolves invoicing disputes.
- Prepare annual capital and operating budgets. Works with the
heads of each division to identifies annual needs. Prepares budget
forms. Compiles and consolidates data as needed.
- Interact, clarify and correspond with vendors. Maintains good
working relationship with vendors.
- Excellent working knowledge of ERP systems as a super user,
especially in the Financial System area
- Excellent knowledge of spreadsheet and database
- Experience with budgeting, purchasing, or accounting
- Knowledge of technology systems, applications, and vendors
- Proficiency in desktop applications in calendaring,
spreadsheets, document development, project management
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate with
co-workers, internal customers, and external customers directly and
through e-mail and telephone.
- Demonstrated ability to read, comprehend, retain, and follow
oral and written instructions
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks, gathers all
relevant data, and makes sound decisions.
- Demonstrated ability to pay close attention to detail, follow
established policies and/or procedures.
- Demonstrated ability to work efficiently & productively by
staying organized and completing tasks in a timely manner.
- Demonstrated ability to multitask and remain focused under
Is Background Check Required?
- Applicant must be available to work Monday – Friday, 8:30 a.m.
– 4:30 p.m.
- The work schedule is subject to change based on the needs of
- Ability to communicate effectively in spoken and written
- As required by the 1986 Immigration Act, be prepared to present
acceptable documentation showing your identity and that you are a
U.S. Citizen or an alien who is authorized to work.
Open Until Filled
Background Check Statement
Prince George’s Community College is committed to providing a safe
campus community. PGCC conducts background investigations for
applicants being considered for employment. Background
investigations include reference checks, a criminal history record
check, education verification, and when appropriate, a financial
(credit) report or driving history check.
Special Instructions to Applicants
Applicants who apply by Tuesday, October 5, 2021
You will receive an email acknowledging
receipt of your application, upon which time no further
communication occurs unless selected for an interview or the
position is filled. If recommended for hire, communication is
immediately sent to your references listed on your application.
Also, you will receive an email notification from HireRight
requesting you to submit authorization to complete a background
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Which of the following best describes your level of completed
education? (Education details must be included in your
- Master's Degree or above from an accredited
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college/university
- Associate's Degree from an accredited college/university
- One to two years of college credit (30 credit hours is
equivalent to one year)
- Less than 30 credits from an accredited college/university
- High School Diploma or GED
- None of the above
- * Do you have two years of experience in budget management?
- * Briefly describe your experience referenced in the previous
question. Do not enter 'See Resume'
(Open Ended Question)
- * Do you have two years supervisory experience?
- * How did you hear about this employment opportunity?
- HigherEd Jobs
- Hispanic Outlook
- Personal Referral
- PGCC Website
- Social Media (LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook)
- The Chronicle of Higher Ed
- The Washington Post
- Other: Please indicate below
- How did you hear about this employment opportunity? If you
selected 'Other' please indicate source:
(Open Ended Question)
- Cover Letter
- Letter of Recommendation 1
- Letter of Recommendation 2
- Curriculum Vitae
- Certifications - See Minimum Qualifications for type