This is a grant funded position that will be funded
through June 30, 2023
This position is charged with providing individual, group, and
couples counseling to students. The Therapist will function as a
team member and leader in the development and offering of education
and preventative student development programs with an emphasis on
mental health issues. The Therapist will also assist in providing
coverage for after-hours and holiday coverage as assigned, and
crisis management services when appropriate.
Minimum Qualifications Required:
Education required to ensure success in this
• Master’s Degree required
• Degree must be in the mental health field, with appropriate
licensure to practice as a mental health therapist in the state of
Kentucky (without supervision preferred).
• 2-3 years clinical experience
Experience required to ensure success in this
• Individual, group, and couples therapy. Counseling experience in
college setting preferred;
• Experience designing and implementing outreach and
psycho-educational workshops that are sensitive to multicultural
• Experience managing urgent and crisis situations;
• Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively and effectively with
a wide range of campus constituents;
• Experience with EMR system preferred
Special skills, knowledge and abilities:
• Therapeutically-sound Counseling skills;
• Knowledge of and adherence to ethical standards of licensing
• Outreach presentation skills
• Strong interpersonal skills, including intercultural
License, certification, or registration
• Must have valid and current license to practice as a mental
health therapist in the state of Kentucky (without supervision
• Ability to maneuver and navigate campus quickly:
• Ability to communicate orally and in writing
• Visual acuity necessary for computer work.
• Office environment with high level of activity and occasional
interruptions to address a mental health crisis or urgent
Ability to operate the following vehicles or
• Standard office equipment: Computers, printers, copiers, fax
machines, scanners, telephone system
Primary duties and responsibilities:
• Provide individual, group, and couples therapeutic
• Maintain documentation of client files in accordance with
professional best practices.
• Assist in providing coverage for after-hours and holiday mental
• Development and presentation of educational & preventative
programs on a variety of mental health issues.
• Identifying and working with community agencies.
• Work in consultation and collaboration with various departments
across campus, including Labor and Student Life, Academic Services,
faculty members, etc.
Other roles/duties will be assigned as necessary to assist the
College in the attainment of the goals set forth and the
enhancement of a positive, respectful learning environment for all
staff, faculty and students