has received a five-year, $2M Title III SIP grant from the U.S.
Department of Education to enhance student persistence and
graduation rates at the College. The grant was effective in October
As part of the
grant support, Greensboro College is now accepting applications for
the position of Director of Student Retention to begin
The Director of
Student Retention leads the implementation and management of a
comprehensive student retention plan for the College. The Director
of Student Retention is responsible for strategic student retention
leadership and assessment of retention-related activities,
operations, research and analytics.
- Develop, implement, and coordinate a comprehensive student
- Ensure the College maximizes student academic success,
persistence, and graduation.
- Responsible for strategic student retention leadership and
assessment of retention-related activities, operations, research
- Assist College efforts to increase its student retention and
graduation rates while also setting institutional-side goals by
using analysis and research methods.
- Coordinate the College student retention programs in
partnership with senior leadership and other central College
- Create and execute a communication plan with College
stakeholders on retention objectives and initiatives.
- Responsible for completion and submission of required reporting
to the Department of Education.
- Update the College leadership on retention-related
- Masters Degree in an appropriate discipline.
- At least 3-5 years of progressive responsibility in enrollment
management, retention and/or student outcomes assessment
- Ability to work collaboratively with diverse individuals and
- Excellent leadership, customer service, communication,
organizational, managerial, analytical and interpersonal
- Demonstrate the ability to coordinate multiple projects
simultaneously and efficiently while meeting required
Greensboro College is committed to equal opportunity in
employment and education and will maintain an environment free of
unlawful discrimination. The college will not discriminate on the
basis of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sex,
pregnancy, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity
or expression, genetic information, disability, veteran status or
any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law in
recruitment and admission of students, the recruitment and
employment of faculty and staff, or the operation of any of its
programs. The college participates in E-Verify.