About Oakton Community College :
or over 50 years, Oakton Community College has been the setting
where thousands begin or continue their college or career studies.
Educating people of all ages, from all walks of life and from more
than 40 nations, Oakton focuses on improving the quality of life
for everyone who enters its doors.
Paid winter break
FRIDAYS OFF during the summer
Basic Function and Responsibility:
The Facilities Coordinator is responsible for the overall support
of Facilities activities across both campuses including providing
high-touch customer support to the College at large, coordinating
the operations of the Facilities Department to insure smooth
day-to-day operations, and assisting the Director of Facilities.
Assists with multiple projects in between Facilities teams, with
other College departments (such as Budget and Administrative
Services), and with vendors.
Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities:
- Serve as a Facilities representative to staff, faculty, and
administrators as campus projects, events, and other cooperative
interactions. Proactively solve problems, resolve inquiries, and
engage additional resources when needed.
- Assist the Director of Facilities in the day-to-day Facilities
operations for both campuses. Receive, respond to, and assign
priorities to emergencies, complaints, and/or work requests from
all College personnel.
- Plan, organize and manage the materials, parts and supplies
acquisition, and storage and inventory control.
- Setup and maintain Safety Training for all Facilities staff.
Track participation and notify managers as needed for follow
- Coordinate the budget process including developing
recommendations, monitoring monies expended, and anticipating
over-expenditures. Monitor and report departmental spending against
the budget and notify administrator and/or staff.
- Enter and maintain data as well as supply reports with the
Schooldude software system and train appropriate personnel on the
- Oversee the assembling of special materials such as class
schedules, academic calendar, board agendas and packets, catalog
copy, budgets, technical and financial reports.
- Review and prepare for payment all records, invoices and
vouchers for Facilities department expenditures, including
projects, energy consumption and supplies.
- Gather specifications, compile and prepare information required
for bid/contract projects and maintain all related
- Write and maintain currency of procedural documents such as
Standard Operating Procedures, check lists, how-to guides,
- Responsible for monitoring energy usage at both campuses and
prepare energy usage reports. Participate in the screening of
potential utility suppliers.
- Organize, maintain, and analyze statistical building data,
drafting files and filing appropriate reports such as ICCB, FIRS,
HEGIS, and RAMP and other reporting agencies as required. Partner
with subject matter experts both in Facilities and throughout the
College as needed.
- Review interior signage requests and coordinate changes as
- Maintain the First Aid boxes in the Facilities areas. Order
supplies and refill as needed.
- Organize and maintain office subject files, confidential
reports and records, and enter all data to keep files current
(attendance records, area rosters).
- Support the Facilities management team including, but not
limited to, arranging meetings, taking notes when required, and
maintaining appointment calendars.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Working Conditions:
- Associates degree in business, office management, or related
field, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
from which comparable knowledge can be acquired is
- Three years of administrative experience working in a
Facilities, Construction, or related operation is
- A high level of interpersonal and communication skills and the
ability to deliver services in an environment where there is an
emphasis on customer service are required. Ability to provide
assistance and interact with individuals in situations requiring
sensitivity and tact.
- Ability to utilize a computer to enter, retrieve and manipulate
data is required. Intermediate word processing (Microsoft Word
preferred), intermediate spreadsheet application (Microsoft Excel
preferred), and beginning presentation application (Microsoft
PowerPoint preferred) skills are required. Beginning database
application skill (Microsoft Access preferred) is desired.
Publishing experience, such as newsletter creation,
- Must be able to prioritize, manage and organize multi-projects
at the same time.
- Mobility to move from building to building on-Campus and to
visit off-Campus entities. Work is performed in a general office
environment and is generally sedentary in nature. Little or no
exposure to adverse working conditions.
Administrative supervision is received from the Director of
Monday - Friday 8:15 am - 5:00 pm
$48,870 Salary may change due to the completion of
Please note there are two openings for this position.
For further details, visit our website at www.oakton.edu and select
the Employment link to view Employment Opportunities.
Please be sure to have a current resume, cover letter, and list of,
at least, three (3) professional references with contact
information prepared to submit with your application. One (1) of
the references must be your most recent, direct supervisor.
Oakton Community College is an equal opportunity, affirmative
action institution, committed to employing competent, qualified
individuals. Oakton Community College does not discriminate on the
basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, disability,
age, marital status, military status, socioeconomic status, sex or
gender, gender identity, or sexual orientation in admission to and
participation in its educational programs, college activities and
services, or in its employment practices.
Posted positions may be removed from the Oakton website without
notice when it is determined that no additional applicants are