Senior Administrative Assistant 3
University Job Family
For more information on ORP, visit:
Scope of Search
Executive Assistant to Distinguished Faculty/Office of the
Is this employee on a H1B Visa?
Wilder Sch Of Govt & Public Affairs
At VCU, we Make it Real through learning, research, creativity,
service and discovery — the hallmarks of the VCU experience. A
premier, urban, public research university nationally recognized as
one of the best employers for diversity, VCU is a great place to
work. It’s a place of opportunity, where your success is supported
and your career can thrive. VCU offers employees a generous leave
package, career paths for advancement, competitive pay, and an
opportunity to do mission-driven work.
Position Primary Purpose and General Responsibilities
This position provides executive level administrative staff support
to the Distinguished Faculty member and Dean’s office in the L.
Douglas Wilder School of Government and Public Affairs. The
position is a key member of the executive staff and plays an
integral role in providing efficient and smooth operation of the
office, as well as ensuring that academic and administrative
information is communicated to members of the Wilder School, its
students and the University. This position serves as the first
point of contact to the Distinguished Faculty member, and is
responsible for making independent, appropriate judgment calls in
scheduling appointments, handling confidential calls, data and
correspondence, and the coordination of general and highly
sensitive academic, fiscal and administrative information and
Minimum Hiring Standards
· Demonstrated ability to exercise professional discretion and
maintain confidentiality of information required.
· Ability to synthesize policy.
· Excellent verbal/written communication and customer service
· Ability to draft, edit, and prepare professional writing
(including letters, memos, meeting minutes, etc.).
· Excellent organizational skills required.
· Excellent computer skills required.
· Experience with Microsoft Office Word, Access, Excel, and
· Demonstrated ability to prioritize work and handle multiple tasks
· Proven ability to attend to details and meet deadlines
· Proven ability to calm emotionally charged situations.
· Experience in event planning and coordination.
· Demonstrated ability to work independently with little
· Ability to deal effectively with a wide variety of people in a
· Demonstrated ability to problem solve and use sound
· Work experience in a key administrative position required.
· Knowledge of University policies, procedures, and organization
· Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
· Substantial experience in fast-paced, complex work environment
· Demonstrated experience working in and fostering a diverse
faculty, staff, and student environment at VCU .
Preferred Hiring Standards
· Work experience in a key administrative position in higher
· Experience using Millennium.
Required Licenses/ Certifications
Anticipated Hiring Range
$50,000 - $55,000
Application Process/Additional Information
Applications must be submitted online through e-jobs at https://www.vcujobs.com/postings/109562
All applications should include a cover letter and a detailed
resume with the names and contact information of three professional
A resume does not take the place of work experiences on the
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until
the position is filled.
“Virginia Commonwealth University is an equal opportunity,
affirmative action university providing access to education and
employment without regard to age, race, color, national origin,
gender, religion, sexual orientation, veteran’s status, political
affiliation or disability.”
Monroe Park Campus
Normal Work Days/Hours
M-F: 9 am - 5:30 pm
Job Open Date
Posting will close on or before
Open Until Filled
Administrative/ Secretarial/ Clerical
Is this a restricted position?
Is this position eligible to participate in alternative work
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
Optional & Required Documents
- What is your understanding of 'confidentiality' as it relates
to an Administrative Assistant position?
(Open Ended Question)
- Please describe your experience with office procedures,
organization and maintenance of files, and record keeping.
(Open Ended Question)
- Describe any experience you have had with web content and/or
(Open Ended Question)
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application