Community College of Philadelphia
Community College of Philadelphia is dedicated to promoting a
work environment that attracts and retains talented and diverse
faculty and staff, and which challenges each of us to achieve at
the highest level while contributing to the mission of the College.
We value and support a culturally diverse and intellectually
dynamic community to prepare our students for global citizenship.
Join us as we transition from our first 50 years into the next and
build upon a legacy that will impact the city of Philadelphia and
Community College of Philadelphia is seeking to fill an IT
Technical Apple/Windows (Technical Craft Specialist A)
position. The IT Technician Apple/Windows (Technical Craft
Specialist A) certified support technician is responsible for
providing IT technical support to faculty, staff and students
campus-wide. While providing exceptional customer service, this
position resolves support service requests via telephone, email,
walk-in, or via remote desktop control; and filters, articulates,
logs, and/or escalates more complex issues to the appropriate
support level(s). Analyzes and performs repairs, installations,
deskside support, and maintenance of computer hardware and
software. This position also performs advanced problem recognition,
research, isolation, and resolution steps for all client requests
for technology services support and communicates efficient and
effective feedback to all clients requesting assistance and is
responsible for travel from main campus to the regional centers,
moving equipment between rooms/sites and the tracking of inventory
information for equipment and help desk support.
Community College of Philadelphia recognizes that our employees
are important and vital to our success. We offer a high-quality,
comprehensive program of benefits, which represents an important
component of total compensation.
Our benefits include:
- Medical, dental and prescription drug plans for employee and
all of their eligible family members
- College-paid life and disability insurance
- College closes for Winter Break the week between Christmas and
New Years and for a week in March for Spring Break
- Tuition remission (for classes at the College)
- Forgivable tuition loan (for classes at any accredited academic
- 403(b) retirement plan with 10% College contribution
- Healthcare and Dependent Care flexible spending accounts
- College operates on a 4-day work week during the summer
- Paid vacation plus holiday and personal time off
Community College of Philadelphia is an equal opportunity
employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration
for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex,
national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any
other characteristic protected by law.
• High school diploma, or its equivalent (GED) required.
• At least five (5) years direct experience supporting Apple/Mac
personal computers, mobile/tablet devices, and mobile applications
in a professional work environment using IOS, MS Windows, and the
MS Office Suite of applications for both Windows or
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills are
• Demonstrated excellence in customer service and professionalism
• Demonstrated commitment to detail and follow-through.
• ACMT (Apple Certified Macintosh technician) and A + certification
• Working knowledge or direct experience with cloud-based SaaS
products and security (ideally JAMF, SysAid/Remedy, Idaptive, Adobe
Creative Cloud, G-Suite, AWS).
• Associate's Degree, or equivalent coursework, is preferred. Any
and all degrees must be from a recognized institutional
• At least two (2) years' experience working with JamF, Adobe
Creative Cloud, and AWS are preferred.
• Microsoft MCTA or MCSA certification preferred.
• Industry-standard technical certifications on Dell computers and
peripherals are preferred.
• Experience working with and supporting Mac OS and solving
computer/mobile device-related problems (Apple Genius experience is
• Experience installing and configuring hardware/software is
• Experience with Apple Macintosh is preferred.