Kansas City University (KCU) is seeking exceptional candidates for
a full-time faculty position in the Department of Osteopathic
Manipulative Medicine (OMM) in Kansas City, MO at the rank of
Assistant or Associate Professor. The position reports to the Chair
of the Department of OMM.
Kansas City University is a dedicated community of professionals
located on a North Campus in Kansas City, MO and on a South Campus
in Joplin, MO. KCU is fully committed to its mission, vision and
core values, striving to live them every day and wrap them into all
aspects of the university experience. Excellence in education,
research, patient care and service to our students and the
community are integral to the fulfillment of our mission to improve
the well-being of the diverse communities we serve.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Serve the college through teaching, research and scholarly
activity, service and patient care as assigned by Vice-Chair of
- Responsible for designing and delivering innovative
osteopathic-focused clinical education, to include osteopathic
diagnosis, techniques, and principles throughout the undergraduate
- Utilize best practices in a diverse mix of teaching modalities
to include large group sessions, small group facilitation,
procedural skills training, OMM skills training, simulation
activities, and OSCE’s.
- Assess student performance of osteopathic core competencies
using a wide array of assessment techniques (assessment of medical
knowledge and clinical skills). Provide written and verbal feedback
to students as appropriate.
- Actively pursue scientific research or other scholarly activity
in efforts towards publication(s), including mentoring and
collaborating with students, undergraduate OMM fellows, and
- Provide service by engaging in leadership and membership
capacities on university or college committees/taskforces, student
advising and interviews, university ceremonies or events and
on-going faculty development.
- Provide patient care as assigned by Vice-Chair of Department to
maintain skills, provide educational opportunities for our students
and contribute to our mission of improving the well-being of the
communities we serve.
- Demonstrate the highest standard of professionalism and ethical
behavior in all aspects of personal and professional actions and
performance, and advance the prestige of the University and College
through advancement of its mission and vision, and advancement of
your personal career.
- Maintain active licenses and board certification.
- Other duties as assigned.
- DO degree from an accredited College of Osteopathic
- Eligibility for or possession of an active and unrestricted
license to practice medicine in Missouri and Kansas
- Skilled in NMM/OMM
Equal Opportunity Employer
- AOA Board Certification/Board Eligibility in
Neuromusculoskeletal Medicine (NMM) strongly desired.
- Experience working in preclinical and/or clinical education in
an academic setting teaching OMM skills to medical students through
various learning and assessment methods.
- Strong background utilizing educational technologies such as
learning management systems, virtual teaching, polling tools,
discussion boards and assessment software.
- Proficiency in using Microsoft Office Suite products.
KCU is committed to promoting an equal employment opportunity
workplace. Equal opportunity is and shall be provided for all
employees and applicants for employment on the basis of their
demonstrated ability and competence without discrimination on the
basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, genetic
information (GINA), physical or mental disability, pregnancy,
sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, familial
status, ancestry, military and/or veteran status, and/or any other
status protected by applicable Federal, state or local law.
Annual Security Report
KCU is committed to providing a safe campus for students, faculty,
and staff. Our annual campus security report
crimes and statistics for the campus and public areas around campus
for the last three years, in accordance with the Jeanne Clery
Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics
Thank you for your interest in a career at KCU!