Tuesday, October 12, 2021
Salary is $28,620.80 per the Santa Fe College
Salary Schedule. Compensation package is comprised of
many college paid benefits including health and life insurance,
retirement, leave time, and tuition waivers for Santa Fe College
and the University of Florida.
Full-time, Career Service, Pay Grade C1, Non-Exempt
Northwest Campus, 3000 NW 83rd Street, Gainesville,
Overview: Santa Fe College (SF) has
been recognized as one of the top-rated community colleges in the
United States. Santa Fe College is a student-centered
institution with a commitment to open access, academic excellence,
and cultural and ethnic diversity. Santa Fe College is a
comprehensive public college that offers a range of Bachelor’s
degrees, Associate in Arts, Associate in Science and Associate in
Applied Science degree options, as well as Certificate and
Non-Degree programs. A high quality of life, temperate
climate, proximity to the University of Florida, diverse cultural
events, and plentiful recreational opportunities make SF and
Gainesville an ideal community to work and live. SF enrolls
over 16,000 students each semester, retains and completes over 60%
of students every academic year, while over 10% transfer into the
The Childcare Center Teacher provides a safe, nurturing, and
developmentally appropriate learning environment for children ages
1 year up to 5 years. The Childcare Center Teacher must maintain a
positive attitude and be an enthusiastic team player. The
Childcare Center Teacher also mentors and trains students who are
enrolled in Early Childhood Education classes and internships.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Plans and implements weekly lesson plans based on age
appropriate developmental and educational goals as outlined in the
staff handbook and curriculum standards; provides individualized
enrichment as appropriate.
- Helps children acquire the skills necessary for transition to
either preschool or pre-k as outlined in the Objectives for
Development and Learning for the specific age group, which may
include but is not limited to potty training, self-help skills, and
- Demonstrates and models appropriate teacher-child interaction,
including close supervision, with safety as the primary goal.
- Uses teaching strategies that build on and extend what children
- Facilitates child-child interactions with the goal of teaching
and modeling problem solving skills as outlined in the staff
- Teaches and practices the violence prevention curriculum
(empathy building, impulse control, and emotion management)
throughout the daily program.
- Helps children gain self-control, self-confidence, and positive
self-esteem by using GEMS (Genuine Encounter Moments) and other
relationship building techniques as outlined in the staff
- Uses Teaching Strategies Gold Online Child Portfolios to record
observational and developmental data for each child in each domain
- Communicates well with parents both informally on a daily basis
and formally in arranged conferences.
- Serves as a role model and guide to student and assistant
teachers; provides training as appropriate.
- Informs Coordinator or Director of any concerns regarding
children or parents.
- Participates in weekly staff professional development meetings
- Keeps the bulletin boards looking appropriately appealing, and
classroom materials organized, clean and accessible to the
- Provides service excellence through courteous, informed,
accessible, and professional engagement.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Reports to: Director, Little School
Required: An Associate’s Degree or higher in a
field appropriate to Early Childhood Education, with documented
professional experience working with children in the field.
Preferred: At least six months of related work
experience in an early childhood education center.
Additional Requirements: A criminal
background check will be conducted.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Communication – able to effectively communicate in a
professional, diplomatic, empathetic, and tactful manner using
preferred method and level as applicable to the job.
- Team Orientation & Interpersonal – highly motivated team
player with ability to develop and maintain collaborative
relationships with all levels within and external to the
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment.
- Adaptability to Change – able to be flexible and supportive,
react swiftly to and able to positively and proactively assimilate
change in rapid growth environment.
- Ethics – able to demonstrate integrity, professionalism,
civility, and a high degree of ethics in all job-related
- Systems & Software - proficient level of knowledge of
Microsoft Office and/or relevant position software programs.
Application Process: All
applicants must submit a completed online SF Employment Application, a
letter of intent, an up-to-date resume, as well as college
transcripts to be considered for this position. College transcripts
should be submitted to confirm academic qualifications. Official
transcripts must be submitted prior to any employment offer when
academic credentials are the basis for meeting minimum
qualifications. Unofficial transcripts are only accepted for