Tuesday, October 12, 2021
Salary is $51,543.24. Compensation package is comprised of many
college paid benefits including health and life insurance,
retirement, leave time, and tuition waivers for Santa Fe College
and the University of Florida.
Full-time, Technical/Professional, Paygrade PT6, Exempt.
Northwest Campus, 3000 NW 83rd Street, Gainesville, Florida
Overview: Santa Fe College (SF)
has been recognized as one of the
top-rated community college in the United States. Santa Fe
College is a student-centered institution with a commitment to open
access, academic excellence, and cultural and ethnic
diversity. Santa Fe College is a comprehensive
public college that offers a range of Bachelor’s degrees, Associate
in Arts, Associate in Science and Associate in Applied Science
degree options, as well as Certificate and Non-Degree
programs. A high quality of life, temperate climate,
proximity to the University of Florida, diverse cultural events,
and plentiful recreational opportunities make SF and Gainesville an
ideal community to work and live. SF enrolls over 16,000
students each semester, retains and completes over 60% of
students every academic year, while over 10% transfer into the
The primary role of the Instructional Designer (ID) will be to
advance excellence in HyFlex (hybrid + flexibility) teaching and
learning through the support of faculty via group instruction and
individualized consultation. The ID will also be expected to work
in online, face-to-face, and traditional hybrid areas. The ID will
assist in the development and delivery of web-based and
face-to-face professional development programs, and advance
effective uses of technology in all modes of instruction. This
individual will be responsible for developing instructional
materials in collaboration with faculty. Grant-funded.
Responsibilities and duties include:
- Prepare student-facing support materials for online, HyFlex,
and hybrid instruction or lab experiences, in consultation and/or
collaboration with faculty content experts.
- Assist faculty with the selection of instructional strategies,
technologies, and articulation of measurable course and lesson
- Advocate for and research best practices for teaching and
learning—especially in HyFlex modality.
- Analyze instructional problems and develop and implement
potential solutions to these problems.
- Review courses during the design, development, and delivery
phases for sound pedagogical and instructional design
- Serve on course review teams.
- Help incorporate innovative methods of content delivery in the
online, hybrid, HyFlex, web-enhanced, and face-to-face environments
using appropriate technologies.
- Work with Assistant Vice President of Academic Technologies to
develop a robust, ongoing program of faculty professional
development and new faculty orientation.
- Analyze and evaluate new instructional tools and technologies,
and recommend appropriate tools and approaches to improve course
design and delivery.
- Ensure that online educational resources are accessible,
updated and functioning properly.
- Manage special projects, as appropriate.
- Maintain a flexible schedule including evening and weekend
- Provide service excellence through courteous, informed,
accessible and professional engagement.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Reports to: Assistant Vice President, Academic
Required: A Bachelor’s degree in
instructional design, education, curriculum and instruction or a
Bachelor’s degree in relevant field with a least twelve (12) credit
hours of instructional design coursework is required. Two (2) years
of demonstrated experience in instructional design and/or
curriculum design, including working directly with faculty on the
design and delivery of online, hyflex, and hybrid courses is
required, as is experience using Learning Management
Additional Requirements: A criminal background
check will be conducted.
Preferred: A Master’s
degree in a relevant field is preferred, as is teaching
experience, particularly HyFlex and online teaching in a higher
education setting. Experience with the Canvas Learning
Management System, knowledge of universal design and creation of
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) compliant online courses, as
well as proficiency with multimedia authoring tools are also all
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to work successfully in a multicultural
- Multi-task - Ability to expeditiously organize, coordinate,
manage, prioritize, and perform multiple tasks simultaneously to
swiftly assess a situation, determine a logical course of action,
and apply the appropriate response.
- Adaptability to Change – able to be flexible and supportive,
able to positively and proactively assimilate change in rapid
- Communication – able to effectively communicate in a
professional, diplomatic, empathetic, and tactful manner using
preferred method and level as applicable to the job.
- Organization & Time Management – able to plan, schedule,
and organize tasks related to the job to achieve goals within or
ahead of established time frames.
- Problem Solving – proven skills in identifying issues,
determining their cause, developing creative solutions, and
following through with implementing resolutions.
- Relationship Management – able to personally provide a high
level of interactive service to others, including building
relationships and addressing identified needs.
- Results Orientation – proven ability to set and exceed
- Systems & Software - proficient level of knowledge of
Microsoft Office and/or relevant position software programs.
- Independent work - able to work independently with limited
supervision and able to self motivate.
- Team Orientation & Interpersonal – highly motivated team
player with ability to develop and maintain collaborative
relationships with all levels within and external to the
Application Process: All
applicants must submit a completed online SF Employment Application,
an up-to-date resume, a letter of intent, as well as college
transcripts to be considered for this position. Unofficial
transcripts are only accepted for review purposes,
official transcripts are required prior to any
offer of employment being made.