Instructor is responsible for teaching classes in the
Teaching hours for part-time instructors vary and will include day,
evening, and some weekend classes.
Knowledge and Skills
- Evaluates students' progress and provides appropriate
- Prepares, maintains and submits accurate attendance records,
reports, class rosters and grades established by institutional
- Provide hands-on instruction and practical training to create
an engaging learning environment.
- Provides instruction to adult learners with varying educational
levels, abilities, and backgrounds and is able to appropriately
adapt and deliver material to the multiple experience levels.
- Uses appropriate technology to enhance student learning
- Utilizes a course syllabus for each course taught following
established institutional guidelines.
- Makes recommendations for program improvements as appropriate
and required. Interfaces regularly with project team and other
instructors and attends scheduled meetings.
- Maintains confidentiality of student records and other
sensitive subject matter Works assigned schedule and exhibits
regular and predictable attendance .
- Able to teach hands-on forklift training.
- Able to become a Manufacturing Skill Standards Council (MSSC)
Certified Logistics Associate and Certified Logistics Technician
(CLA/CLT) certified instructor.
- Performs other related duties as required including attending
other training as required.
- Solid computer skills.
- Demonstrate attention to detail.
- Basic math, reading and communication skills.
- Read and interpret work instructions.
- Ability to become MSSC CLA/CLT certified instructor and learn
to utilize MSSC CLA/CLT via AMATROL instructional equipment and
- Instruct students in MSSC's coursework in the following topic
- Quality Practices & Measurement
- Logistics Processes & Production
- Maintenance Awareness
- Learn AMATROL instructional equipment and software.
- Strong interpersonal skills and aptitude to work with people at
many different levels.
- Experience with technology-based instructional delivery
systems: projectors, DVD players and/or other classroom
- Ability to use word processing, e-mail, internet, and/or
- Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships
with students, faculty, adjunct and staff.
- Ability to maintain confidential and sensitive
- Must be physically able to perform job duties.
- Currently a MSSC CLA/CLT certified instructor
- Forklift Certification
- OSHA 501 Certification
- Two-five plus years experience in supply chain logistics,
warehousing, and distribution.
- One plus years supervisory experience.
- Some adult teaching experience in a structured
- Associates degree or higher and two to five years of on-the-job
experience in Logistics/ Warehouse.
- Demonstrated ability to certify students in forklift and
- Demonstrated ability to evaluate and create appropriate
- Computer skills.