: Metropolitan Campus with travel to
Campus at Florham
Summary of Position
: The Assistant Professor
of Education will teach classes in the 5-year accelerated
QUEST/Master of Arts in Teaching (MAT) program. The Assistant
Professor will be responsible for advising undergraduate and
graduate candidates who are pursuing NJDOE certification in either
Pre-Kindergarten, elementary or secondary education. This
includes advising those candidates who are pursuing either
traditional or alternative routes into the teaching field.
The responsibilities include advising, curriculum revision when
necessary, collection of data for CAEP accreditation, and ensuring
the delivery of quality programs to teaching candidates.
- Teach classes in the QUEST and MAT program.
- Advise and mentor undergraduate and/or graduate students.
- Support undergraduate admissions in recruitment of
- Contribute to the national visibility and impact of the the
School of Education by conducting research, publishing, and
presenting at state, national and international conferences.
- Develop ongoing relationships with school districts and
- Use data collected for CAEP accreditation for program
- Collaborate with other faculty and the Director of the School
of Education to revise curriculum so it addresses the needs of all
students and candidates.