This position will be located at the University of Houston
Central Campus in the Health II Building.
Provides secretarial support to staff managers and/or faculty. May
lead the work of clerical support personnel and/or work study
- Composes or creates a variety of documents, such as memoranda,
letters, charts, newsletters, tables and other complex documents
using word processing, spreadsheets, and desktop publishing
- Prepares agenda for meeting, schedules meetings, records and
distributes minutes of meetings.
- Handles travel arrangements for supervisor and other office
- Orders supplies and arranges for repair of equipment. Maintains
- Screens and directs callers and visitors. Takes and forwards
- May generate monthly usage reports for xerox copies, postage
and long distance calls.
- Organizes and maintains manual and/or computerized filing
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
Additional Job Posting Information:
Minute taking skills and experience is preferred.
High school and 3 years experience
Requires a basic knowledge of grammar, spelling, punctuation and
simple mathematical functions like percentages, ratios, etc. as
might normally be acquired through attainment of a high school
diploma or GED. Requires a minimum of three (3) years of directly
The ideal candidate for this position should possess the
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task.
- Highest level of professionalism and respect for
confidentiality and ability to interact with all levels of internal
and external constituents.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite.
The following documents are required:
- Cover letter delineating the manner in which your work
experience applies to the posting.
- Salary History
- Three work references. The hiring department expects you to
name current or past supervisors.
NOTE: We will maintain your confidentiality and notify you in
advance of making contact with any of your references. References
will be contacted only after the interviewing process has been
Incomplete applications will not be reviewed.