The Learning Technology (LT) Technician provides setup and
support of all instructional technology spaces on campus. The
technician works with Learning Technology staff to meet immediate
instructional needs. Evening and occasional weekend support.
Please note, this is an on-campus, temporary, part-time position
available for between 15 - 20 hours per week.
1. Provide support for the LT Help Desk.
2. Respond to faculty and staff calls and emails for assistance
with the instructional equipment on campus and satellite
3. Provide technical support for specific events on campus.
4. Videotaping and/or editing special events and/or classes on
5. Assist with installation, maintenance, and troubleshooting of
6. Enter data into the department’s inventory database.
7. Provide technology training on classroom equipment and
instructional software for faculty maintained by Learning
8. Set up and tear down audio-visual equipment according to the
LT department schedule.
9. Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Associates Degree required. Some experience in operation and
troubleshooting of classroom audio-visual equipment; experience
with standard Office productivity software (Word, Excel and
PowerPoint). Experience with video conferencing software (Zoom,
Skype, Microsoft Teams); Experience with Adobe Premiere and screen
capturing software is preferred. Experience with Mid-to-high end
video and audio recording and reinforcement equipment
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Good organization skills; ability to operate and troubleshoot
technical equipment used in audio-visual settings; competence in
the use of computers and standard educational software; ability to
deal tactfully with students, staff, and the general public;
ability to prioritize and handle multiple competing demands. This
individual must be comfortable working independently during evening
and weekend hours. Must possess a valid driver’s license.
1. Combination of working in the office and working on campus
with frequent job-related interruptions. Heavy lifting of equipment
2. Work schedules will be set according to department needs and
variations in the academic year, though every effort will be made
to ensure regularity.