Framingham, MA Category:
Mon Sep 20 2021 Job Description:
GENERAL STATEMENT OF DUTIES:
Campus Events fosters a positive image of Framingham State
University among current and prospective students, alumni, donors,
parents, faculty and staff, business and political leaders, and the
MetroWest community. The Coordinator of Campus Events will provide
leadership, professional expertise, and direction in the planning
and execution of high quality events and functions; identify and
facilitate discussion and decisions about issues impacting events;
and ensure that campus wide priorities are reflected in the
planning and presentation of events.
The Coordinator of Campus Events will report to the Assistant
Vice President of Facilities and will coordinate all events and
meetings taking place on campus.
Assistant Vice President of Facilities
Audiovisual Technician II, Staff Assistant, Contracted
administrative position, and approximately 25 Student employees
EXAMPLES OF SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Providing oversight for the Department of Campus Events,
ensuring that the goals of the Department and the University are
- Managing special events from conception to execution and
evaluation, involving other departments or outside vendors, as
necessary. Planning and arranging for all details, including,
venues, floorplans, accessibility and accommodations requests for
persons with disabilities, catering, audio-visual, nametags,
invitations, programs, menus, decorations, site set up, site
teardown, managing event budgets, and evaluating event
- Managing the computer based reservation system (25Live) for use
of campus event facilities; looking for opportunities where
communication, processes, and coordination with other
constituencies can be enhanced with 25Live.
- Establishing relationships with University staff and student
leaders to plan events to support their efforts and advance the
University mission; establishing and maintaining good relations
with Academic Affairs, Faculty, Dining, Facilities, student
leaders, University Police, and other campus departments.
Consulting with leading volunteers, donors, award recipients
involved in particular events; sharing all pertinent event
information, research, response lists and seating plans with the
- Working closely with the Office of the President to plan and
organize all activities related to Framingham State University
- Developing and maintaining highly professional standards and
procedures for production of events in keeping with the image and
reputation of Framingham State University
- Providing excellent leadership for the Campus Events staff to
ensure high-quality, professional delivery of services to the
campus community and external clients. Performing supervisory tasks
including hiring, safety training, disciplinary actions, and
- Seeking out opportunities to increase revenue through expanded
use of our facilities by non-FSU groups. Ensuring that real costs
to the campus, including facility and staff impact, are considered
and are included in pricing structure. Working with the Chief of
Staff and stakeholders (i.e. University Police, Facilities, Dining,
Residence Life) to develop policies and procedures that
successfully expand outside rentals and community usage of campus
- Providing planning and projections for short term, as well as
long term event calendar.
- Reviewing bills and department charges pertaining to events,
and providing oversight for the departmental budget.
- Other tasks as required in support of Campus Events and
Framingham State University.
- Flexible schedule to allow for evening and weekend hours.
- Capable of performing some physical labor tasks, such as
lifting 40 pounds, climbing an 8-foot step ladder, and rearranging
- Demonstrated experience supervising professional staff,
preferably in a higher education and/or event planning
- Minimum of 3 years of event planning related experience,
including management of multiple high-quality events.
- Demonstrated ability to perform long term and short term event
planning and budgeting.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills and
well-developed Interpersonal skills for dealing with Campus Events
staff, event organizers and event participants.
- Strong attention to detail. Ability to think creatively.
Ability to handle conflicting priorities and makes decisions
quickly and Independently.
- Knowledge and experience effectively using computer systems
with emphasis on budgeting, list management, and report production.
Working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite of programs, Including
- Demonstrated ability to work in high-energy, collaborative,
multicultural environment and to juggle multiple tasks.
- This position is accountable for ensuring that affirmative
action, equal opportunity and diversity are integrally tied to all
actions and decisions in areas of responsibility.
- Bachelor's degree in business or related field
- 5 or more years of event planning experience
- Experience with 25Live or similar event planning software
- Experience working with student employees
- Familiarity with fire code and other safety regulations that
can impact event set ups and execution.
- An understanding of the importance of donor cultivation
activities to achieve fundraising goals
- Familiarity working in a unionized environment. Current
contracts within Campus Events are APA & AFSCME.
- Candidates who are bilingual in English and Spanish or English
and Portuguese are strongly encouraged to apply.
This is a full-time, exempt, benefits-eligible position in the
Association of Professional Administrators (APA) bargaining unit
with a title of Staff Associate/Coordinator of Campus Events. The
salary range is $59,000-$64,000.
It is the policy of Framingham State University that all
employees be vaccinated against COVID-19 before they begin
employment. Proof of the COVID-19 vaccine is required of all
individuals hired by FSU, to be verified after a verbal offer of
employment has been accepted, and before employment begins.
Prospective employees may submit a request for a medical or
religious exemption to the COVID-19 vaccination requirement to
Human Resources. Furthermore, FSU employees must wear a mask inside
Framingham State University conducts criminal history and sexual
offender record checks on recommended finalists prior to final
employment for all positions.
Framingham State University is an equal opportunity/affirmative
Members of underrepresented groups, minorities, women, veterans,
persons with disabilities, and all persons committed to diversity
and inclusive excellence are strongly encouraged to apply.