Under the direction of the Vice President of Information
Technology and Chief Information Officer the Associate Vice
President of the Office of Institutional Analytics will create and
lead a team responsible for centralized data analytics across all
Indiana University Campuses. The Office of Institutional
Analytics will consolidate reporting and analytics activities
throughout the institution, leveraging core data sources and
technologies to provide insights for executive leadership in a
consistent, useful, and understandable way.
The Office of Institutional Analytics will be responsible for
defining, developing, curating, and analyzing data across domains
including at a minimum enrollment, student success, research, human
resources, facilities, and financials. The office will
provide leadership with insights internal and external to the
institution, leveraging data and trend information in the state,
nation, and world that may affect Indiana University strategy.
The Office of Institutional Analytics will support the
contextualizing, reasoning, and decision-making processes for which
internal and external data are needed beyond making data and
reports available and will provide modeling and prediction
scenarios based on current and foreseeable trends.
The Office of Institutional Analytics will provide a concierge
service for executive leadership enabling decision makers access to
timely, accurate and consistent information to support decision
making across the institution.
- 10 years of leadership experience in information technology or
a related field.
Combinations of education and related experience may be
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to understand
the complexity of the data within a large R1 multi-campus
- Ability to work with and lead disparate groups across the
institution responsible for data and analytics to build an improved
data culture that is not possessive of data, but one that
encourages sharing and transparency in the use of university data
sources to inform strategy and decisions.
- Client service focused to meet needs of entire campus community
to enable thoughtful and strategic decision making and program
- Ability to organize and consolidate existing resources to
maximize efficiency and service, provide customer driven services,
to understand the business functionality needs of the University as
related to data analytics, and to communicate those needs to
leaders, professional staff and end users.
- Knowledge of issues and current trends in higher
- Understanding of the issues facing major public research
- Knowledge of statistical techniques, research methodology, data
organization, and analysis.
- Ability to lead and motivate.
- Demonstrated ability to supervise professional and support
- Ability to work with faculty in an academic environment.