The Institutional Effectiveness Assistant will assist with analysis
and reporting that supports the planning, course evaluations, and
surveys of Guilford Technical Community College (GTCC). The
Institutional Effectiveness Assistant is expected to maintain an
advanced understanding of internal and external reporting
requirements, College operational guidelines and policies, and
GTCC's data management systems.
The person in this position will coordinate the administration of
online campus wide surveys, including course evaluations. The
incumbent will assist faculty and staff in research design for
survey projects and implement all phases of the survey process.
This includes developing and maintaining online survey instruments,
administering the surveys, conducting appropriate analysis,
monitoring the results, and reporting on results. The incumbent
will work directly with IR staff and clients.
The Institutional Effectiveness Assistant is expected to maintain
and collect activities required for campus-wide institutional
effectiveness. This entails maintaining the reporting calendar for
program review and annual planning, updating forms to reflect
changes, communicating deadlines and reminders of due dates,
tracking the accurate and complete compilation of required
documents from various departments and divisions; and preparing
Additionally, the Institutional Effectiveness Assistant may compile
data required for regular reporting to the state and federal
government, accrediting organizations, and grant activities;
respond to ad hoc requests coming to Institutional Research; and
provide routine institutional reporting.
The position is responsible for frequent handling of confidential
data and must maintain compliance with FERPA and other applicable
laws and regulations. As such, the position is held to the highest
ethical standards in supporting decision-making across the
- Bachelor's degree or higher with a strong quantitative component
(e.g. educational/social science, STEM).
- Advanced coursework beyond bachelor's level in statistics or
research methods, especially social science statistics and/or
survey research methods.
- Three years of directly related professional experience in an
educational research environment.
- Three years of experience at a postsecondary institution,
preferably in an Institutional Research office.
- Experience with survey design and analysis.
- Proficiency with web-based survey software.
- Experience managing multi-step projects requiring input and work
from many individuals.
- Experience working in a statistical software package.
- Experience reviewing data according to reporting requirements and
- More than three years of directly related professional experience
in an educational research environment.
- More than three years of experience in a post-secondary
institution, preferably in an Institutional Research or
Institutional Effectiveness office.
- Experience working with Institutional Effectiveness software for
program review, service review, and planning.
- Experience with Entrinsik Informer and Ellucian (Datatel)
Colleague, or similar business intelligence and ERP
- Experience working with SAS or SAS Enterprise