Assistant/Associate Professor of Accounting and Coordinator of
Department Contact Email
Job Summary/Basic Function
The College of Business, at Central State University in
Wilberforce, Ohio invites applications for a full-time,
tenure-track appointment at the rank of Assistant/Associate
Professor of Accounting and Coordinator of Accounting
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
As Faculty Member
• Teach graduate and undergraduate accounting courses as well as
the Accounting Advanced Technical Certificate- CPA Exam
Preparation. Courses are delivered face-to-face, online, or hybrid.
Minimum teaching load is nine-twelve credit hours per semester (or
eighteen-twenty four credit hours per academic year).
• Maintain required office hours and provide academic advisement to
• Participate in Departmental, College-wide, and University-wide
committees and activities.
• Serve as faculty advisor for a student organization.
• Maintain currency in teaching discipline and professional
• Work collaboratively with other faculty on schedule development,
marketing events, student and faculty recruitment, retention
efforts, and other departmental or college-wide activities.
• Other duties as assigned.
As Program Coordinator
• Participate in the development, review, and improvement of
• Manage and implement the recruitment process for the accounting
• Develop and maintain relationships with the business community
and other key stakeholders, partners, and alumni.
• Conduct ongoing program needs assessments, evaluations, and
student surveys as appropriate.
• Master’s in accounting with industry experience and/or CPA, CMA
• Ability to teach undergraduate and graduate level courses.
• Commitment to teaching excellence, innovative curriculum
development and delivery.
• Willingness to teach at both the main campus and the CSU Dayton
• Demonstrate potential for developing publishable research.
• Experience and interest in teaching students from diverse
cultural and ethnic backgrounds.
• Ability to use technology in instruction and advising.
• PhD in Accounting or related field.
• Experience in developing and teaching online courses.
• Demonstrated ability to generate grant proposals.
• A record of published research in peer-reviewed journals.
Open Until Filled
Special Instructions to Applicants
Faculty - Tenure Track Appointment
Budgeted Annual Salary
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * What is the highest degree you hold?
- Completed all Doctorate coursework, but has not completed
- Master's Degree
- Bachelor's Degree
- Assoicate's Degree
- High School Diploma or GED
- * Do you have teaching or advising experience on a college
- Cover Letter
- Unofficial Transcripts