Community College of Philadelphia
Community College of Philadelphia is dedicated to promoting a
work environment that attracts and retains talented and diverse
faculty and staff, and which challenges each of us to achieve at
the highest level while contributing to the mission of the College.
We value and support a culturally diverse and intellectually
dynamic community to prepare our students for global citizenship.
Join us as we transition from our first 50 years into the next and
build upon a legacy that will impact the city of Philadelphia and
Community College of Philadelphia is seeking to fill an Office
Administrative Assistant II
position. Under the supervision of
the Administrative Support Specialist, the Office Administrative
Assistant II provides clerical support to the office of
Institutional Advancement department. This position serves as the
primary contact for department visitors and responds to general
inquiries by taking accurate messages or redirecting calls when
necessary. Other responsibilities include maintaining departmental
files and records, and assisting in the coordination of
Institutional Advancement events.
For a complete position description, and to apply online, please
visit our career site at jobs.ccp.edu, or click the “Apply”
Community College of Philadelphia recognizes that our employees
are important and vital to our success. We offer a high-quality,
comprehensive program of benefits, which represents an important
component of total compensation.
Our benefits include:
- Medical, dental and prescription drug plans for employee and
all of their eligible family members
- College-paid life and disability insurance
- College closes for Winter Break the week between Christmas and
New Years and for a week in March for Spring Break
- Tuition remission (for classes at the College)
- Forgivable tuition loan (for classes at any accredited academic
- 403(b) retirement plan with 10% College contribution
- Healthcare and Dependent Care flexible spending accounts
- College operates on a 4-day work week during the summer
- Paid vacation plus holiday and personal time off
Community College of Philadelphia is an equal opportunity
employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration
for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex,
national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any
other characteristic protected by law.
• High school diploma, or its equivalent (i.e. GED) required.
• Two (2) years of clerical office support experience
• Basic proficiency using Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel
• Strong interpersonal and customer service skills required.
• Good attention to detail and the ability to follow directions
effectively is required.
• Good verbal and written communication skills required.
• Demonstrated ability to work effectively with a team and
collaborate well with others is required.
• Ability to maintain confidential and sensitive files and
• Ability to maintain sensitivity, understanding and respect for a
diverse academic environment inclusive of students, faculty and
staff of varying social economic, cultural, ideological and ethnic
Associate's degree preferred. Any and all degrees must be from a
recognized institutional accreditor.
• Previous clerical experience within higher education is