University of Idaho
Assistant Director of Admissions
Off Campus Location - California-Los Angeles
$58,240 per year
The Assistant Director for Admissions (Recruitment) implements the
University of Idaho recruitment and conversion initiatives for
prospective and admitted undergraduate students and will act as the
primary University of Idaho contact for high schools and regional
community colleges in assigned geographical areas of
responsibility. In addition, the Assistant Director will conduct
recruiting activities in other selected areas as necessary. With a
strong work ethic and understanding of enrollment cycles, the
Assistant Director will assist prospective students and their
parents in their transition to the University of Idaho, to include
representing the University of Idaho at college nights, college
fairs, tours, financial aid nights, visits to high schools and
community colleges, and following up with contacts. This position
is responsible for tracking and understanding the student market in
the assigned region, understanding educational systems, and
maintaining comprehensive knowledge of UI programs, degrees,
admissions requirements, and institutional data points, as well as
independently managing a budget provided to them for recruitment
initiatives and activities specific to their region. The Assistant
Director is also responsible for assisting with other selected on
and off-campus recruitment programs.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Experience compiling and analyzing information and data for
- Experience planning, organizing, promoting, and implementing
programs for large and small groups.
- Experience composing a variety of business documents for various
audiences (students, staff, school counselors, administration,
- Experience speaking publicly to large and small groups.
- Experience using computer software and applications for word
processing, email, internet searches and data organization.
- Experience establishing and maintaining effective working
relationships with students, faculty, staff and
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in student counseling, education,
business or public relations, or other related field.
- Good knowledge of a student centered/customer service-oriented
- Knowledge of Idaho and the University of Idaho.
- Experience working in an admissions office.
- Experience operating audio/visual/video equipment, and computer
- Extensive experience in recruiting, public relations, sales,
marketing, or related field.
- Ability to learn admissions and financial aid requirements and
deadlines for high school and transfer students.
- General knowledge about all University of Idaho programs, majors,
services, their requirements, restrictions and costs.
- Bi-lingual (English/Spanish).
- Ability to work cooperatively as a part of a team with a variety
of people, including students, faculty, and administrators.
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions:
Open Until Filled:
Applications will be reviewed on an ongoing basis. Posting will
remain open until a suitable pool of candidates is
Please use your letter of
to explain in detail how your work
experience, skills, and abilities meet both the required and
preferred qualifications as listed in the position description.
Your letter of qualification will be used to demonstrate your
communication and writing skills to determine your ranking among
the other applicants for this position.
Applicants who are selected as final
possible candidates must be able to pass a criminal background
To apply, please visit: jobs.uidaho.edu
University of Idaho is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative