University of Idaho
Executive Assistant to the AVP, Auxiliary Services
$25.03 per hour or higher depending on education
Serving as a member of the AVP's senior leadership team, the
position works closely with the Assistant Vice President as trusted
advisor and project manager to understand and accomplish priorities
and maximize effectiveness of advancement of the division. This
position provides support to the senior leadership team by
participating in office and unit decisions, ensuring the goals of
the unit are met, identifying problems and recommending solutions,
and analyzing information and data to make recommendations to
support the goals of Auxiliary Services. The position advocates,
advances, and communicates goals and projects, facilitating and
cultivating strong professional relationships with internal and
external constituents. The successful incumbent must function
independently and be self-directed in managing the needs of the
AVP, and leading office staff, exercising good judgement, being
organized and managing multiple tasks at one time, analyzing and
responding to complex situations and tasks, and communicating with
grace under pressure. Work and information handled is of a nature
regularly requiring confidentiality and the exercise of discretion.
The Executive Assistant provides administrative support and
operational coordination to the Assistant Vice President, Directors
and Managers of Auxiliary Services. This position handles
processing of Campus wide Alcohol Permits, ensuring quality service
to internal and external customers.
- High School diploma or GED.
- Five years of full-time administrative experience with
- Three years of full-time administrative support in support of
- Applying office management practices, successfully balancing
competing priorities so as not to disrupt the normal business
functions for the organization.
- Developing and delivering presentations and training.
- Collecting, compiling analyzing information and making
recommendations or decisions about changes.
- Working in an environment that requires maintaining strict
- Applying project management principles in a team environment to
accomplish shared goals.
- A degree relevant to the qualifications and responsibilities
described in the position description.
- At least five years of experience/familiarity with higher
education programs or executive/senior level support.
- Strong knowledge/experience using calendaring software to
schedule complex meetings.
- Familiarity with supporting personnel processes.
- Familiarity with interpreting, applying, and explaining complex
information to a general audience such as regulations, policies,
processes, and guidelines.
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions:
- Ability to act independently and exercise initiative to plan
and complete assigned projects; recognize errors and solve problems
to make improvements short and long term.
Open Until Filled:
In your letter of qualification please address ALL required
qualifications for this position and describe how your experience
meets the requirements for this position. Also address all
preferred qualifications that you possess as this may elevate your
status in the search process.
Position will remain open until filled. Applications will be
reviewed on an ongoing basis.
Applicants who are selected as final
possible candidates must be able to pass a criminal background
To apply, please visit: jobs.uidaho.edu
University of Idaho is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative