Drexel is one of Philadelphia's top 10 private employers, a
comprehensive global research university and a major engine for
economic development in the region. With over 24,000 students,
Drexel is one of America's 15 largest private universities. Drexel
has committed to being the nation’s most civically engaged
university, with community partnerships integrated into every
aspect of service and academics.
The IT Security Analyst uses security, server, and network tools to
identify potential security incidents and attacks from within and
outside the Drexel networks; responds to violations of acceptable
use policy as well as actual attacks to investigate scope of
problems and mitigate actual damage; develops reports and alerts;
correlates data to identify and mitigate security vulnerabilities;
and identifies patterns of attacks and responses to design playbook
- Detect and respond to security incidents of all types including
but not limited to network, host, and account abuse. This includes
scripting tools where appropriate to automate or improve responses
as well as creating and refining alerts and other monitoring
- Test, deploy, and maintain Information Security tools.
- Lead projects to improve host, network, and account
- Document work and communicate with peers to accomplish
- Help establish standards and evaluate hardware and software
products for use in improving host, network, and account
- Write communications to assist in educating community about
security policies, risks, tools and remediations.
- Familiarity hardening Windows, macOS, and Linux systems.
- Other duties as assignment
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum of 2 years of relevant experience
- Typically sitting at a desk/table
University City – Philadelphia, PA
This position is classified as exempt
with a salary grade of
For more information regarding Drexel’s Professional
Staff salary structure, https://drexel.edu/hr/career/ducomp/salstructure/
Special Instructions to the Applicant
Please make sure you upload your CV/resume and cover letter when
submitting your application.
Review of applicants will begin once a suitable candidate pool is
Sep 23 2021 Eastern Daylight Time
Oct 24 2021 Eastern Daylight Time