Drexel is a comprehensive global research university ranked among
the top 100 in the nation. With over 24,000 students, Drexel is one
of America's 15 largest private universities. Drexel is one of
Philadelphia's top 10 private employers, and a major engine for
economic development in the region. Drexel has committed to being
the nation’s most civically engaged university, with community
partnerships integrated into every aspect of service and
The College of Computing & Informatics (CCI) invites applicants
to serve in the role of the Academic Advisor/Transfer Credit
Coordinator. The role of the Academic Advisor/Transfer Credit
Coordinator is to advise current and prospective CCI students
related to academic policy, procedure, and progress toward degree.
Perform advanced student service duties requiring broad experience,
skill, and knowledge of established academic policies and
procedures. The focus is on CCI's undergraduate population.
CCI is located in a brand-new building with state-of-the-art
classrooms, research and student labs with abundant space to
promote collaboration and innovation. We offer a variety of B.S.,
M.S., and Ph.D. degrees spanning all areas of computing and
informatics, including new degrees such as MS in Data Science, and
MS in Information, and MS in Business Information Technology and
are considered the fastest growing college in the university.
- Provide one-one-one advising to new and returning transfer, and
joint program CCI students regarding curriculum issues, academic
progress, and other related matters; advise students on college and
university regulations and refer them to appropriate university
- Provide online advising to current and prospective
undergraduate students regarding program and graduation
- Maintain the confidentiality of student records and other
information according to FERPA regulations.
- Responsible for maintaining academic record data in Banner for
CCI, including the completion and posting of official Transfer
Credit Evaluations (TCEs) for accepted applicants.
- Compute transferrable credits into Banner for applicants to
- Communicate results of TCE to academic advisors and accepted
- Assist students with the registration process and resolve any
problems they may encounter; maintain lines of communication with
faculty, administration, and students.
- Pre-clear candidates for graduation, making sure all
requirements for degree are met.
- Attend student recruitment and retention events. This includes
evening and weekend work.
- Other specific projects/duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- At least one year of relevant work experience
- Excellent communication (oral and written), interpersonal,
organizational, and analytical skills, and attention to
- Ability to be proactive, recognize problems and offer
- Great customer service skills.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and to handle
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to complete projects and meet deadlines.
- Proficiency with PCs and related software.
- Typically sitting at a desk/table
This position is classified as Exempt
with a salary grade of
For more information regarding Drexel’s Professional
Staff salary structure, https://drexel.edu/hr/career/ducomp/salstructure/
Special Instructions to the Applicant
Please make sure you upload your CV/resume and cover letter when
submitting your application.
Review of applicants will continue until a suitable candidate pool
Sep 23 2021 Eastern Daylight Time
Oct 24 2021 Eastern Daylight Time