Coordinate the logistics of events such as conferences, seminars,
special promotions, programs, camps, and/or direct mail campaigns.
Organize events and programs from the conception to clean-up; to
include schedule staff, catering, contracts, venue and layout. Plan
and administer events following budget guidelines and requests.
Assist in evaluating the program and give information to
Department Specific Essential Job Functions:
Scope & Impact:
- Responsible for event bookings and customer relations for the
Nigh University Center.
- Meets with on-campus entities, off-campus entities, and/or
student organizations to determine desired outcome for events.
- May work evenings and weekends. This includes obtaining
information regarding events, event dates and times, estimated
number of participants, food services, media and set-up needs.
- Uses good judgment from experience to regulate the requests of
customers in order to comply with Nigh University Center
- Offers suggestions of established room arrangements and other
creative presentation details based upon the abilities of our
facilities and staffing.
- Inspects reserved rooms for accuracy, compliance and completion
of event requests.
- Inputs in a timely manner, the proper reservation information
data into the scheduling software program.
- Constant coordination of requests for banquets, receptions, and
refreshment orders between customers and contract food service
- On a regular basis provides upcoming event schedules to the
Nigh University Center Assistant Director, Building Supervisor,
Set-up Technicians, Food Services, Custodial Services and all other
appropriate University departments to insure the delivery of all
necessary services for the event.
- Provides on a timely basis, all backup documentation to Billing
Coordinator for proper and timely billing to the customer.
- Coordinates customer needs to the Building Supervisor, Set-up
technicians, Multi-Media Specialist, and the Transportation and
- May address and resolve problem situations with unsatisfied
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
This position is an entry level
professional position, with actions that may have a measurable
impact on operations within a work group.
Communication & Interaction
: Routinely answers
questions and provides information and data requested by
individuals within or outside of work area. Questions that require
interpretation or are not easily resolved are referred to
Demonstrates ability to execute tasks
according to standard operating procedures and/or direction.
Demonstrates ability to learn new subject matter, coupled with
attention to detail and responsiveness to feedback.
Problem Solving & Judgement
: Performs a variety of
duties following established policies and procedures. Resolves
problems by selecting from approved alternatives based on past
practices, established procedures, or direction. Relies on direct
supervision is available to set priorities and objectives, and to
assist in problem resolution.
May provide input into budget development
by assisting with identification of operational needs and
Policy & Procedure Authority:
Primarily responsible for
executing routine procedures with direction from senior
: Generally reports to manager or
higher but may receive basic operational direction and guidance
from senior level staff members.
Supervisory & Team Leadership Responsibilities
Requires a Bachelor’s degree in job related field or 4+ years of
equivalent work experience in chosen filed that provides knowledge
of and exposure to fundamental theories, principles, and concepts.
Requires the application of expertise in a chosen field to achieve
Experience with Microsoft Office suite. Reservation/scheduling
experience in a university setting, hotel or conference center.
Bachelor's degree in business related field. Previous experience
with EMS software. Experience with any computerized scheduling
Will this employee supervise others?
- Ability to listen and follow instructions.
- Ability to work with others in a team environment.
- Read and comprehend instructions.
- Demonstrate respect in interactions; Honesty and
- Ability to effectively determine which facilities best suit the
needs for the event and presenting the facility on a regular basis
to our customer.
- Must be available to meet with the customer and show facilities
on multiple floors.
- This may include occasional evening and weekend hours.
- Attention to detail and the ability to follow a set system of
policies and procedures.
- Excellent communication and organization skills.
- Proven job skills in a detail-oriented position.
- Proven abilities in the coordination and scheduling of events
and related functions.
- Must possess excellent customer relation skills, as this
position requires meeting with customers and assisting them in the
planning of their events, and suggesting the appropriate facilities
and, layouts and services to enhance their function.
- Ability to make appropriate decisions and give instructions in
the absence of the Assistant Director of the Nigh University
Reasonable accommodations (in accordance with ADA requirements) may
be made, upon request, to enable individuals with disabilities to
perform essential functions.