Staff Assistant for CHA Programs
Kennedy-King College at 6301 S. Halsted
City Colleges of Chicago (CCC) , the largest community college
system in Illinois, is made up of seven colleges and five satellite
sites, providing more than 70,000 students each year access to a
quality, affordable education.
Primary Objective: This position will be responsible for preparing
budgets and financial reports, monitoring and reporting on
compliance with grant requirements, creating and managing
databases, coordinating meetings and managing communications.
- Assists in facilitating and monitoring the reporting and fiscal
components of the office.
- Ensures accuracy and timely dispatch of reports as
- Assists in the preparation of budgets and financial
- Prepares, processes, and tracks purchase orders.
- Monitors adherence to guidelines specified by grants,
licensing, and accrediting bodies.
- Prepares and submits reports internally and externally as
- Performs general office management tasks as assigned.
- Maintains confidential and/or sensitive information.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Adheres to CCC Customer Service Excellence standards.
- Bachelor’s Degree. Three years of experience in an
administrative support capacity. Must possess a thorough knowledge
of general office procedures and practices. Consideration will be
given to candidates with an equivalent combination of training and
- Must possess excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Must be able to compose basic correspondence. Must be able to greet
visitors in a professional manner and direct them accordingly. Must
be able to answer telephone calls and direct them accordingly.
- Must possess business/office experience that includes
researching issues, writing drafts, assembling reports, taking
minutes, composing summaries and other correspondence and verbally
- Must be highly organized and have strong computer software and
database maintenance skills including word processing,
spreadsheets, database management, and desktop publishing.
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task and work in fast-paced and
deadline driven environment. Must be able to meet assignment
deadlines and to perform duties with minimal direction.
- Must be able to conduct all business in a professional manner,
combined with the ability to perform all duties accurately while
preserving the confidentiality of the office.
- Must be able to work well with employees at all levels of the
organization, in addition to students and other customers. Must be
able to handle all situations with tact and diplomacy.
We Offer: Excellent health and welfare benefit package and long
term savings and investment programs including 403(b) & 457(b)
Investment Plans and a pension plan with the State University
Retirement System (SURS) Plan. Generous vacation, holiday, personal
and sick days, and tuition reimbursement. For a more detailed
overview of benefits, please visit the benefits page of our
Chicago residency is required for all full-time employees within 6
months of hire.
We are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Thank
you for your interest in City College of Chicago!