To create a Posting, first complete the information on this screen,
then click the “Next” button or select the page in the left hand
navigation menu. Proceed through all sections completing all
necessary information. To submit the Posting to Human Resources,
you must go to the “Posting Summary Page” by clicking on the “Next”
button until you reach the Posting Summary Page or select Posting
Summary Page from the left navigation menu. Once a summary page
appears, hover your mouse over the orange Action button for a list
of possible approval step options.
Hours per Week
Months per Year
Commitment to Inclusive Excellence
Northern Kentucky University is an Equal Opportunity/Equal
Access/Affirmative Action institution. We embrace inclusiveness,
equity, and global awareness in all dimensions of our work and seek
excellence through diversity among our students, administrators,
faculty, and staff. Application by members of diverse groups is
Purpose of Position
NKU welcomes applicants to fill the position of Project Manager to
assist with the development of the Project Management Office
helping to establish policies and procedures for project and change
management. Responsible for project management including planning,
monitoring, and reporting of IT projects.
- Works with project team members and leadership of relevant areas
to develop effective project plans 20%
- Directs, monitors, and reports project activity (e.g. tasks,
milestones, deadlines, resource allocations, budget) 25%
- Coordinates and communicates between resources, departments, and
stakeholders on project progress 10%
- Facilitates project status meetings 10%
- Identifies scope creep, change order requests, and project delays
- Understands requirements/specs of projects 5%
- Monitors/maintains project hours and budgets 5%
- Fosters a work environment based on cooperation, team-building,
and professionalism 5%
- Actively pursues continuous growth and development of technical
and project management expertise 5%
- Identifies project risks and develops contingency plans 5%
Bachelors Degree and 3 year of experience required or acceptable
No specific degree is required, but one in a business/project
management field is preferred.
Minimum Learning time = 6 months.
Any candidate who is offered this position will be required to go
through a pre-employment criminal background check as mandated by
$67,100 Minimum / Annually
Job Open Date
Job Close Date
Open Until Filled
Is this an internal only posting?
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
Documents Needed to Apply
- * How did you hear about this employment opportunity?
- NKU Jobs Site
- Inside Higher Ed
- Employee Referral
- * Please provide examples of project planning and/or project
(Open Ended Question)
- * What did you do in your last job to contribute toward a
(Open Ended Question)
- What is your highest level of education?
- Bachelor's degree
- Master's degree or higher
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application