Finger Lakes Community College (FLCC) is affiliated with The State
University of New York (SUNY). FLCC offers competitive pay, rich
benefits, and retirement options.
- Educational Background: Associate degree required. Bachelors
- Experience: Minimum of one year working in a College setting in
student affairs/services required. Preference to candidates with
experience in academic advising, career or transfer services.
- Special Requirements: Ability to able to work
- Effective communication skills and professional acumen.
- Excellent concierge skills in greeting and helping new and
- Knowledge of the general philosophy of academic advising,
career and transfer services as they relate to the successful
- Experience and familiarity with the philosophy behind academic
- Work with software systems such as Purple Briefcase, Starfish
Retention, MyPlan, etc. preferred.
The Registration Assistant assists the office of Academic Advising,
Career, and Transfer Services with academic placement testing. The
position supports new student registration events and planning in
collaboration with placement assignments. Assists with marketing
and education of AACTS office services. Supports new student
registration and provide front-end support to students when
- Assist with coordination and implementation of placement
testing in conjunction with new student registration events.
- Assist alternative sites (campus centers, online, etc.) with
placement testing functions during peak registration periods.
- Assist in scheduling registration placement test appointments
- Select, train and monitor temporary and/or student staff who
may be hired to assist with testing procedures at main campus or at
- Collaborate with the Disability Services Office to provide
support for placement testing functions and other accommodations as
- Work collaboratively with mathematics, humanities, nursing and
other departments to ensure that placement testing guidelines are
understood and updated on an annual basis.
- Collect and assist in preparing reports on the need for, and
use of, placement testing scores, etc.
- Other duties assigned by the Director of AACTS or AVP of
FLCC is committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion, and strives
to provide an environment that embodies these principles. We strive
to attract talented personnel from diverse backgrounds and
traditions, particularly of race and ethnicity, gender, gender
identity, sexual orientation, nationality, culture, religion,
worldview, and physical and mental abilities. As such, applicants
from historically under-represented groups are highly encouraged to
Finger Lakes Community College does not discriminate against any
employee, applicant for employment, student, or applicant for
admission based on an individuals race, color, national origin,
religion, creed, age, disability, sex, gender identification,
gender expression, sexual orientation, familial status, pregnancy,
predisposing genetic characteristics, military status, veteran
status, domestic violence victim status, criminal conviction, or
any other category protected by law. The College adheres to all
federal and state civil rights laws prohibiting discrimination in
public institutions of higher education.