Reference Librarian, Part Time
Campus Centers in Geneva, Newark and Victor, NY and Main Campus in
Finger Lakes Community College Charles J. Meder Library seeks
part-time Reference Librarians for the main campus and campus
centers to begin in September 2021.
Provide reference service to the Finger Lakes Community, provide
instruction as needed, and perform other duties/special projects as
assigned. This part time position will require daytime hours and
may also include some evening and weekend hours.
In addition, the successful candidate for this position will be
expected to possess communication and interpersonal skills
sufficient to work effectively with an increasingly diverse array
of students and colleagues
- Provide reference service to students, faculty, staff and the
- Provide circulation assistance as needed
- Teach library instruction/information literacy classes to
individuals and/or groups using presentation software, Web access,
and traditional teaching methods
- Perform other duties as assigned
- ALA-accredited MLS (Master of Library Science) or MLIS (Master
of Library & Information Science) degree
- One year post-graduate reference experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment
- Ability to work some evening hours
- Experience in an academic library setting
- Knowledge of emerging library technologies
Hiring part time reference librarians is an ongoing process. You
will be contacted by the Library Director if needed.
Applicants interested in applying MUST submit the following
documents via online:
Applications will only be accepted online.
- Cover letter and
- Contact information for three professional references.
Address your online cover letter & resume to:
Michelle Polowchak, Human Resources Officer
FLCC is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity