Aurora University seeks talented staff and administrators who are
passionate about supporting an inclusive community dedicated to the
transformative power of learning.
The Records Specialist supports learning
by providing administrative support and office management for the
Registrar and the staff of the Registrar's office.
Represents Aurora University in the most positive manner with
prospective, former and current students, clients, suppliers, and
the community we serve. Interacts effectively with a diverse group
of faculty, staff, students and other customers of our service,
learns and uses operating practices of the department and Aurora
Upholds the Mission Statement:Aurora University an
inclusive community dedicated to the transformative power of
Handles all information with tact and discretion and recognizes
the confidential nature of university business.
Supports learning through performance of essential job
functions and performing other duties and functions as necessary or
Essential Job Functions:
Manages the daily administrative functions of the Registrar's
Serves as receptionist and handles daily inquiries.
Makes all necessary changes within student records to keep
Processes transcript requests.
Processes enrollment/degree verifications.
Processes leave of absence, medical leave of absence, and
Assists with processing Academic Standards correspondence.
Assists with evaluations of transfer work.
Assists with processing petitions and course substitution
Orders office supplies and materials as needed.
Generates purchase orders and reconciles office budget.
Other duties as assigned.
Essential Job Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Minimum of three years of administrative experience.
- Strategic thinking with the ability to identify and to solve
problems and deal with multiple projects simultaneously.
- Flexibility to deal with changing needs.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively
with a wider range of constituents.
- Strong customer-service focus.
- Excellent organizational skills with an attention to
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Proficient with Microsoft office applications.
- Ability to move about campus
- Ability to spend long periods of time at a computer
- Ability to interact via telephone, in person, and via
Benefit-eligible positions offer excellent benefits including
health, dental, life, vision, long term disability, a 403(b)
retirement plan through TIAA, and tuition remission. Please send
resume with cover letter and contact information for three
references including name, telephone and email address.
347 South Gladstone Ave
Aurora, IL 60506
630-844-5650 - fax
Aurora University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.