Assists the lead teacher with the development and implementation of
curriculum and classroom instruction at the university's Child Care
- Assists the teacher with the planning, implementation and
supervision of the child development program.
- Develops activities and materials for use in the
- Assumes responsibility for the class in the lead teacher's
absence; performs as lead teacher when necessary.
- Participates with assessment of children's social skills
development and intellectual, emotional and physical growth.
Maintains children's classroom records and portfolios.
- Communicates daily with children, parents and staff regarding
the learning environment, curriculum development and individual
- Participates in.Teacher in Trainin. professional development
- Assists with daily closing duties and Center events as
- Performs other job-related duties as assigne.
This position is for a Spanish Language Immersion classroom where
children are taught in Spanish throughout the day in an effort to
acquire/appreciate the Spanish language/culture.
Required Child Development Associates (CDA) credential or
Special Skills and Knowledge
The applicant must be able to speak/write/read the Spanish language
in order to develop/implement curriculum in the classroom. 4.
(identify days and hours normally worked) Monday through Friday
From: 9:00 AM To: 6:00 PM
Associates and 1 year experience
Requires the ability and knowledge for analysis and interpretation
of procedures, policies and practices attainable through specific
education and/or training programs in a specialty or technical
field. Advanced vocational or electronic skills or a basic
knowledge of a professional field is required. An Associate's
degree or certification/licensing in a technical specialty program
of over 18 months and up to 3 years duration are characteristic of
this field.Requires a minimum of one (1) year of directly