Community College of Philadelphia
Community College of Philadelphia is dedicated to promoting a
work environment that attracts and retains talented and diverse
faculty and staff, and which challenges each of us to achieve at
the highest level while contributing to the mission of the College.
We value and support a culturally diverse and intellectually
dynamic community to prepare our students for global citizenship.
Join us as we transition from our first 50 years into the next and
build upon a legacy that will impact the city of Philadelphia and
Community College of Philadelphia is seeking to fill a Dean,
Online Learning and Media Services
position. Reporting to the
Vice President for Academic and Student Success, the Dean of Online
Learning and Media Services leads and supports the effective
integration of instructional and learning technologies in the
delivery of online/hybrid learning, is responsible for all aspects
of online learning operations, and facilitates the utilization and
integration of emerging and relevant instruction and interactive
learning technology tools in face-to-face, hybrid and online
instruction to enhance student learning and engagement. The Dean
guides the training and support of both students and instructors
interfacing with the learning tools and environments to ensure a
dependable, responsible, accessible and quality academic experience
that leads to student success. The Dean serves as a member of the
Vice President's leadership team, participates in the College's
strategic planning, provides oversight and management of assessment
in the division, and works closely with both academic and
administrative areas of the College. Units in the department
include Online Learning, Academic Computing, Multimedia Services,
For a complete position description, and to apply online, please
visit our career site at jobs.ccp.edu, or click the “Apply”
Community College of Philadelphia recognizes that our employees
are important and vital to our success. We offer a high-quality,
comprehensive program of benefits, which represents an important
component of total compensation.
Our benefits include:
- Medical, dental and prescription drug plans for employee and
all of their eligible family members
- College-paid life and disability insurance
- College closes for Winter Break the week between Christmas and
New Years and for a week in March for Spring Break
- Tuition remission (for classes at the College)
- Forgivable tuition loan (for classes at any accredited academic
- 403(b) retirement plan with 10% College contribution
- Healthcare and Dependent Care flexible spending accounts
- College operates on a 4-day work week during the summer
- Paid vacation plus holiday and personal time off
Community College of Philadelphia is an equal opportunity
employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration
for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex,
national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any
other characteristic protected by law.
• Master's degree in Education, Instructional Technology, or
related field required. Any and all degrees must be from a
recognized institutional accreditor.
• Five (5) years of progressively responsible management experience
• Leadership experience with proven success in managing and
motivating teams, developing and executing implementation plans, as
well as resolving complex issues, required.
• Ability to provide leadership, direction, and supervision to
various levels of staff required; previous supervisory experience
• Knowledge in the crucial role academic technologies play in
higher education with respect to increasing student access,
engagement and success, and of current issues in online learning in
general and in higher education in particular required.
• Strong understanding of learning theory and how it applies to
online education required.
• Demonstrated working knowledge of learning management systems and
experience assisting faculty in their pedagogically sound use
• Successful experience developing and teaching online courses at
the post-secondary level required especially Canvas.
• Understanding of and successful experience working with students
as online learners required.
• Capacity to develop new, relevant technology skills as needed
• Innovative thinker with a desire to constantly improve; evidence
of creating innovative and engaging learning materials
• Knowledge of budget development, administrative practices, and
organization and management practices as applied to the analysis
and evaluation of projects, programs, policies, procedures, and
operational needs required.
• Passion for the College's mission, purpose, and goals, and
commitment to achieving those goals, including a focus on how
learning systems, methods, and technologies can help students
achieve equitable outcomes required.
• Commitment to the culture of diversity, equity, respect, and
inclusion; demonstrated ability to build working relationships with
people having a wide variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and
experiences different from one's own.
• Full understanding of FERPA regulations and ability to work with
confidential material with integrity and discretion required.
• Superior communication skills (verbal, written, and
interpersonal) to support effective interaction with students,
staff, faculty, and various levels of a diverse college community
and external community required.
• Detail oriented with a commitment to data collection and
• Energetic, collaborative, flexible, and communicative
• Ability to effectively prioritize multiple responsibilities and
adhere to deadlines required.
• Commitment to providing exceptional customer service
• Doctorate degree preferred.
• Management experience in a college or university setting
• Experience working in a union setting preferred.