Manager of Advancement Communications
SUNY Budget Title:
Assistant Director of Community
Management & Professional
Located in Western New York, State University of New York College
at Brockport is a nationally recognized and accredited public
institution with competitive state health insurance and retirement
plan options. SUNY Brockport also includes Brockport Downtown and
sponsors the Rochester Educational Opportunity Center (REOC), both
located in Rochester, NY. We are an inclusive employee-oriented
university. Be yourself and start your career here. Help us build a
better Brockport! Job Summary:
State University of New York is accepting applications for a
Manager of Advancement Communications. The Manager is be
responsible for the following duties:
- Manages of all Comprehensive Campaign communication.
- Oversees and manages of all Advancement communication materials
(print, social, on-line).
- Coordinates content on Advancement web pages and maintain
alumni website/serve as a content manager for specific sites on the
- Serves as Manager/Editor of The Port.
- Maintains content management and shares within
- Serves as in-house “expert” and trainer for iModules and
- Collaborates with various departments such as College
Communications/Marketing Communications and the Print Shop.
- Bachelor's degree in Communications, Marketing or related field
by time of appointment from a college or university accredited by
the U.S. Department of Education or an internationally recognized
college or university.
- Minimum of 1 year of experience writing in one of the following
areas: newspaper, magazine, on-line, marketing, college
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative, work independently and
perform as a valued team member.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal skills and the
ability to work effectively within a diverse community.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a diverse environment with a
variety of constituents.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Professional experience working in higher education or a
- Ability to demonstrate an understanding of ethics related to
Advancement activities and to use discretion in interactions with
prospects, donors, volunteers and others.
Work Schedule: Monday - Friday, 8 am - 4pm
Salary and Benefits: $53,261 May be benefits
eligible; more information at Careers@Brockport.
This position is not eligible for visa sponsorship.
Application Instructions: Visit jobs.brockport.edu to
complete an application including your letter of application that
addresses required and preferred qualifications, resume/CV, and
contact information for three professional references.
Background Investigation Statement:
applicants are subject to a pre-employment background check.
New York State Executive Order: Pursuant to
Executive Order 161, no State entity, as defined by the Executive
Order, is permitted to ask, or mandate, in any form, that an
applicant for employment provide his or her current compensation,
or any prior compensation history, until such time as the applicant
is extended a conditional offer of employment with compensation. If
such information has been requested from you before such time,
please contact the Governor's Office of Employee Relations via
email at email@example.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Diversity Statement: We are part of an academic community
committed to fostering integrity, civility, and justice. We affirm
that the dignity of our Brockport community is protected when free
speech, academic freedom and individual rights are expressed within
a climate of civility and mutual respect. Striving to learn from
each other, we value human diversity because it enriches our lives
and it is fundamental to the College's commitment to teaching,
learning, scholarship and service leading to student success.
SUNY Brockport is an AA/EEO/ADA employer. The College actively
seeks applications from women, veterans, individuals with a
disability, members of underrepresented groups or anyone that would
enrich the diversity of the College.
To apply, visit https://jobs.hr.brockport.edu/cw/en-us/job/495893/manager-of-advancement-communications