Office of Information Technology
Application development - full project life cycle (analysis,
development, testing, and support). Candidate must be able to
perform the duties required to accomplish full life cycle
development. Phases include requirement development, analysis and
design, coding and testing. Applications range from academics to
financial. Candidate is also responsible for updating the IT
project portfolio for with internal project statuses as well as
project stakeholder notifications.
Manager of Academic Systems
RESPONSIBILTIES & DUTIES
REQUIREMENTS: (Knowledge, skills and abilities)
- Daily support of current application software such as the
student information and registration, financial aid, general ledger
and accounting, human resources, admission and course planning for
academic scheduling, etc.
- Meets with end users to initiate or respond to requests for new
program development or modifications to existing software.
- Analyzes intention of requests and formulates best methodology
to apply to problem, factoring in variables such as time, system
resources, impact on other systems, technical ability of end user,
- Performs coding, testing and debugging of application program
- Perform other duties as assigned by Manager, Director or
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Able to work in a team oriented environment.
- Ability to collaborate, assess and evaluate needs as presented
by University Management.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related technical
field, or comparable experience in a related technical field.
- Minimum of two years' experience in computer programming
- UniVerse database experience - Including any Pick variety.
- Web Development languages a plus - Java, LAMP and or UNIX
skills a plus.
Adelphi University, New York, is a highly awarded, nationally
ranked, powerfully connected doctoral research university dedicated
to transforming students' lives through small classes with
world-class faculty, hands-on learning and innovative ways to
support academic and career success. Adelphi offers exceptional
liberal arts and sciences programs and professional training, with
particular strength in our Core Four—Arts and Humanities, STEM and
Social Sciences, the Business and Education Professions, and Health
and Wellness. Recognized as a Best College by U.S. News & World
Report, Adelphi is Long Island's oldest private coeducational
university, serving almost 8,000 students at its beautiful main
campus in Garden City, at learning hubs in Manhattan, the Hudson
Valley and Suffolk County, and online. The University offers more
than 60 undergraduate programs, more than 65 master's degree and
doctoral programs, and more than 35 certificate programs in the
liberal arts, the sciences and professional training. With powerful
partnerships throughout the New York area, more than 116,000
graduates across the country, a growing enrollment of students from
43 states and 64 countries, and rising rankings from top
publications and organizations, Adelphi is a dynamic community that
plays a leadership role on Long Island and in the region.
To apply, visit https://phf.tbe.taleo.net/phf02/ats/careers/v2/viewRequisition?org=ADELPHI&cws=39&rid=2615