The Rowan University School of Osteopathic Medicine Health Sciences
Library services the needs of medical education, biomedical
research, and clinical information needs of Rowan Medicine. The
Library is seeking a capable administrator to provide general
library administrative support and demonstrate both internal and
external customer service for library staff, academic partners, and
external vendors that provide contracted services.
General administrative and management support within the Health
Sciences Library of the Rowan University School of Osteopathic
Medicine. Coordinates administrative office operations and serves
as a liaison with various units and administrative offices
throughout the University and Rowan Medicine Campus.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Plans and schedules the administrative, personnel, and
purchasing work of the Health Sciences Library
- Recommends to the Library Director effective utilization of
employees, equipment and materials within budgetary
- Responsible for personnel documentation for the Health Sciences
Library; using Rowan University best practices for time and
attendance records, ensures timely completion of forms for Human
Resources, Payroll, etc.
- Acts as principal business liaison with various administrative
departments and units of the School of Osteopathic Medicine and
Rowan University Libraries. Responsible for timely follow-up of
problems and questions, and maintains a log and documentation of
- Oversees the maintenance of Library records and ensures that
files and recordkeeping systems meet the needs of the Library.
- Composes correspondence requested by the Library Director;
creates and maintains documents and spreadsheets as required.
- Coordinates fiscal procedures within the Library, including
budget tracking and control. Ensures that expenditures are in
accordance with allocation of funds. Responsible for coordinating
PO’s, Check Requests, travel reimbursement, etc.
- Compiles and analyzes relevant data from a variety of sources
for inclusion in reports or presentation materials. Responsible for
preparing reports for presentation to various audiences. Prepares
charts, graphs, or tables as necessary.
- Maintains or oversees the Library’s Outlook activities
calendar. Handles travel and conference arrangements as
- Analyzes and organizes Library procedures and workflow of the
office, and recommends improvements as necessary.
- Expedites and coordinates services such as maintenance,
repairs, office supplies, equipment, and mail.
- Receives training and adheres to Rowan University compliance
- Keeps abreast of all federal, state, and Rowan University
regulations, requirements, and policies as they presently exist and
as they change or are modified.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree with a major in Business Admin, Finance, or
- Minimum one (1) year of experience involving the review,
analysis, and evaluation of financial, organizational, and/or
administrative practices in a library, service business or
government agency required. Applicants may also substitute business
administrative experience as indicated on a year-for-year basis if
a Bachelor's Degree is not yet complete.
- Demonstrated customer service and emotional intelligence skills
required for a coordinating role in team-based organizations.
- Working familiarity with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and
- MBA or MA/MS in Finance or Public Administration
- Experience with Banner budget, accounting, and administrative
- Academic Library business or administrative experience
- This is a regular part-time position at 30 hours per week
- The Library is seeking a candidate who can work five 6-hours
To apply for this position:
Qualified candidates are invited to apply online on the Rowan
University job site.
The SOM Library values the benefits of a diverse staff. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to age, color, disability, gender, gender
expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin,
race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or status as a protected
Only completed, online applications submitted on or
before the deadline will be considered.
Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the US, and the
university will not sponsor an applicant for a work visa for this